Log Player Crash

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

zer099

Log Player Crash

Post by zer099 »

Reposting this, not sure what happened to the original:

This is for version 0.9.2.67

Anytime I go to open up the log player it crashes the program. Thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

can you post the log file you last saved from your logs directory?

what OS and PC are you using?
zer099

Post by zer099 »

Useing Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 9300.

And el log has been attached, Sir. Thank you!
Attachments
NIStune_2008-09-17_1209_35.csv
(156 Bytes) Downloaded 156 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Strange file appears to be valid. I had another log player crash reported in Windows XP but on a Vostro, which I could not reproduce and ended up being the video drivers

The customer reinstalled the OS on the machine with the latest drivers and worked okay since

What video card are you running on that laptop?

If you delete the current file it is trying to open (and crash on)... does the problem reoccur later?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It was from Jimmy who posted previous about this problem
I contacted dell just in case there was some issue they new about and what they have advised me to do is to re-install my windows xp on my laptop. I believe you had mentioned that you had done that already on your vostro 1500 laptop and that you are not having the issue I'm having with nistune on it. I have read up that nvidia does recognize that there is some kind of problem with the 8800m gt video cards used on my vostro, amoung other laptops. So long story short I'm going to reformat and re-install my windows xp pro and give this another try.
Reformetted and reinstalled xp and all of the dell drivers and nistune now plays mine and downloaded log files without crashing
zer099

Post by zer099 »

Cool cool, I'll give that a shot and hopefully it will work. Thank you!
modulation

Post by modulation »

zer099 wrote:Cool cool, I'll give that a shot and hopefully it will work. Thank you!
Did that fix it for you?
I reinstalled my laptop and everything was working fine logging wise.
But the second I tried to play a log back it crashed, and now whenever I try to record or open logplayer it crashes.

I attached a log in case anyone cares.

Any idea what it is? Or should I just reinstall windows?
Attachments
nistune-1017-1743.log
(77.72 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
modulation

Post by modulation »

In my case I figured out that the log player was crashing whenever I changed the default DPI setting. It's in the Display Properties in windows.
96 DPI is default, when I changed it to 120DPI and rebooted, log player would crash everytime. When I reverted it back to 96dpi and rebooted it works fine..

Just though you'd all like to know.
zer099

Post by zer099 »

I never found my boot disks to try rebooting everything, but I was running at 120 dpi as well. I will switch to 96 and see if that fixes it. I will let you know in the morning. That would be great if it worked for me.

Now if only I could get my AEM wideband to work. Somewhere between the gauge and computer the signal is messing up, AEM recommanded I tried grounding the serial cable off a diffrent ground then the gauge, but I was under the assumtion this might create a floating ground, so I don't know.
modulation

Post by modulation »

zer099 wrote:I never found my boot disks to try rebooting everything, but I was running at 120 dpi as well. I will switch to 96 and see if that fixes it. I will let you know in the morning. That would be great if it worked for me.
I had to reboot, so even if I changed the setting (and it would visually take affect on the screen) I would still have to reboot in order to get it to either crash or stop crashing.
zer099

Post by zer099 »

Sorry, reboot was the wrong word. I mean I never got to reinstall my OS. I reboot my labtop almost everyday. Sorry, I wasn't thinking when I typed that.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

good point about the DPI setting. I'll try that out. It might be making the graphics crap itself and kill everything :?
modulation

Post by modulation »

zer099 wrote:Sorry, reboot was the wrong word. I mean I never got to reinstall my OS. I reboot my labtop almost everyday. Sorry, I wasn't thinking when I typed that.
That wasn't directed at your comment. I just didn't want to you set the DPI back to normal and get all depressed when it crashed still. I wanted to point out that I had to restart it to get it to stop crashing even though changing the DPI seemed to take affect without reboot.
zer099

Post by zer099 »

As a follow up to this, I never found my system restore disks, but I did change my DPI and that fixed the problem. Seems the program does not like larger DPI in many ways. No worries though, it works at 90 DPI and I can live with that.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the larger DPI option pushes lots of the graphics out of their normal bitmap ranges

so far i've noticed this on the speedo guage bitmap, grid controls and the log player is a bitmap also that is probably pushed out of ranges and causing the crash