Log Player Crash

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

modulation

Post by modulation »

Matt wrote:the larger DPI option pushes lots of the graphics out of their normal bitmap ranges

so far i've noticed this on the speedo guage bitmap, grid controls and the log player is a bitmap also that is probably pushed out of ranges and causing the crash
I can't speak for others but as far as I'm concerned this isn't a show-stopper or something that you should put resources in to at least right now..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay i've found it and fixed it. available in next release

the log player will will display at the same DPI as before (unless I do some internal rescaling on the bitmap) but at least it doesnt crash

the increased size of the graphic was causing the display array to go out of bounds on this DPI
s14unimog

Re: Log Player Crash

Post by s14unimog »

I hate to bump old threads but I feel I should since there is some good information in here. I was logging some pulls last night and after saving a test log, just to make sure I knew what I was doing, the log player crashed and kept crashing everytime I tried to open it. Now I never rebooted the computer and since it was late, I decided I would mess with it tomorrow.

So just to get some direction, has it been determined that I need to reduce the DPI setting to cure this issue? I'm running Nistune on a Dell with Vista. If so, how exactly do I do this again; you guys trump me with computer literacy...

I am running the latest beta release.

Edit: I just checked my computer and I was running 96 DPI

Thanks!
Brandon
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Brandon

This was meant to be resolved. I worked around the DPI issue. Please email/post your log file so I can try it here and see if I can repeat the probelm
s14unimog

Post by s14unimog »

Oops problem solved, I had forgotten that I need to be in stream mode... my mistake Matt. everything is working well.

If it helps though, this was the message I got every time I tried to open the log display. I ended up reinstalling Nistune and everything was working great tonight.

s14unimog

Post by s14unimog »

May have spoken too soon. This morning I was attempting to email my log file and had an issue. For some reason when I go to attach the file, and search for the log file, its not there. I tried opening Nistune, hit the "Browse" button on the log player, and voila, there it was. So I thought, "okay fine, I'll just copy and paste the file to the desktop and attach this copy." When I attempt to paste the copy on the desktop it prompts me to verify the file exists....wtf? How can the file be there when accessed from Nistune but if I just go to Nistune/Logs it doesn't exist?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is a windows issue in this case

When you attach file types, sometimes there is a filter which stops certain files from being shown

Make sure the fitler is *.* or * by typing that in first in the file open box and press enter, then it will let you see all files afterwards
s14unimog

Post by s14unimog »

yeah still noting... It's like it doesn't exist...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Windows isnt hiding that file type?

Can you screenshot (ALT-PRINTSCN) the window with nistune browse showing the log and then Windows Explorer in the same folder not showing the log?