consult registers with same name as 3rd party logging device

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

consult registers with same name as 3rd party logging device

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
Innovate uses same names for some data streams such as RPM as does NIStune use the RPM.
The Innovate RPM can be chosen by default when playing back logs which is really strange.

Each time log player is started it appears to loose all log player selections.

Can NIStune save the selected drop down choices in log player?
If possible maybe even default to a new "make selection" option if the consult register or log player input value is no longer available?

Today I reviewed a log which had a 0-10.00 RPM value through the whole log.
I upgraded NIStune to find the same issue.
Then realised just before flinging the laptop at the spinning dyno rollers for loosing several hours of logs that the RPM value in the left column in RED had changed to RPM from LM2 for no apparent reason.
Of course the RPM value from LM2 happened to fluctuation from 0-10.00 RPM from noise or lack of grounded input.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: consult registers with same name as 3rd party logging de

Post by Matt »

Change the names of your Innovate parameters inside the Logworks software (you can rename them). Nistune just pulls the names from Logworks and uses this for its logging. So maybe change RPM to LW_RPM inside the LogWorks.

The problem with the drop list in the logger, is that it only 'knows' its position that is selected (so say 5th element in the list). So it will save that position. If you are connected to wideband instead of consult, it will now reference 5th sensor in the wideband, until consult is connected

If there is not enough elements in the list then it will reset to first element in the list (say you had consult with 10th element selected, and then disconnected and only had wideband but only 6 elements in list, it would need to reset to 1st element in the list)

I dont understand the "new selection" how that would work, if there is no existing log entry or input stream (channel) to map into it. If you can expand on that I can see how I can code it in
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

ok thanks, I'll have a look at logworks.

as for the "make selection" ;
you answered it by explaining how logplayer fills the drop down lists.

instead of resetting, have a 'none' data stream choice such as "make a selection"
as there is no point having multiples of the same data streams in the log player window really.

It's probably only an issue when logging multiple 3rd party channels. like with LM2 or DL-32 channel.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please note however, that doing this may result in upto eight prompts when say consult gets disconnected, but wideband still available.

The user can still change the drop down after the window is refreshed (rather than the whole screen freezing up with a prompt box - and being repeated for each of the eight inputs). I'm just thinking ahead how it would look if I actually coded that up