Switched to 1.2.32 and Innovate MTS issue popping up again

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

RomChip200

Switched to 1.2.32 and Innovate MTS issue popping up again

Post by RomChip200 »

I moved to 1.2.32 but stuck to 0.11 for a very long time :lol: (was really stable)
and now have a regression regarding Innovate MTS :!:

In config:
1st wideband: Innovate MTS COM2
2nd wideband: Just another wideband COM2 (should have no effect)

I connect successfully but only get one gauge working in AFR gauges: first one oscillates, second one is stuck to 9 value.
So, daisy chain is not detected anymore.
All the required files (MTS.dll, ...) have been reported back to Nistune dir
What's wrong ?

I also got some side effects with this version: each time Nistune is launched or Consult gets re-connected, I got some nasty popups about some error(s) in KA24E.adr or CA18DET.adr files !? I also installed the latest RomPack aside.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Switched to 1.2.32 and Innovate MTS issue popping up aga

Post by Matt »

With Innovate MTS, if you are using daisy chaining (ie LAFR on first device, RAFR on second device) then you must configure
1. Innovate MTS
2. None

It is best not to have a different wideband configured (did you try as None?). I will hook it up and test it, but I have not changed the wideband code in a long time, apart from adding new devices

With the address file issue, I dont know what the problem is. I just did a clean install of 1.2.32 and there were no issues starting, or opening Z32 address file and ROM image

If you have older address files in a different folder which nistune is referring to that may cause the issue (as I add/delete address parameters. CA18 was the most recent change)

Make sure File > Configuration > Address file folder location matches where Nistune puts its address files
C:\Users\<name>\Documents\Nistune\Address
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Yeah, got it, clean install solved popups (I always installed on top of previous one).
I usually use scripts to pre-initialize Nistune through registry (i.e. WIDEBAND_TYPE1= 16, WIDEBAND_TYPE2= 0, WIDEBAND_COMPORT1= WIDEBAND_COMPORT2= 2))

Btw, I noticed a bug on next install:
as WIDEBAND_PATH= c:\data\NIStune\Wideband\Innovate (in my case), on the next install, all the wideband directories will be copied there instead of the rootdir that is c:\data\NIStune\Wideband

On my Win7, MyDocuments= C:\Data and not the default one: C:\Users\<name>\Documents, but that doesn't hurt.
So I have:
ADR_PATH= c:\data\NIStune\Address
LOG_PATH= c:\data\NIStune\Logs
VQ_PATH= c:\data\Prg\NIStune\VQ Maps
(...)

Such approach solves issues with multi log-on users.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Going from 0.11 to 1.2.32 is probably not a good idea. There are too many changed things between versions to simply upgrade and expect everything to work

Registry names can also change, so be careful if modifying or importing/exporting keys directly
Btw, I noticed a bug on next install:
as WIDEBAND_PATH= c:\data\NIStune\Wideband\Innovate (in my case), on the next install, all the wideband directories will be copied there instead of the rootdir that is c:\data\NIStune\Wideband
That is not a bug. Intentional that when people change locations of folders (as per previous request) that the installer looks at the registry for the changed path and copies new files there
Such approach solves issues with multi log-on users
Yes that is definitely a good solution for mulitple users

Let me know how you go with the linked innovate units. I pulled my LM-2 out of the cupboard to use with my car but keep getting E2 error message. I ended up pulling to pieces and found that the joins on the PCB are failing but not sure which one. Looks like I need a new connector subboard since the error is intermittent
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote: That is not a bug. Intentional that when people change locations of folders (as per previous request) that the installer looks at the registry for the changed path and copies new files there
The problem is when you set the path to look for *.csv files into the configuration panel and corresponding to Innovate MTS choice, you get c:\data\NIStune\Wideband\Innovate (this is the right path !) and WIDEBAND_PATH gets this value when saved.
But on the next update/install, Wideband directories (ALM, ....) get copied directly into WIDEBAND_PATH, and not WIDEBAND_PATH\..
This makes the things messy.

I just got one of my LSU4.2 sensor failed (Bosch 0 258 007 057) from my two LC1s fitted since 2007 :!: in my Z32.
I got error 2 for one week ... I checked the sensor, the heater circuit is open inside, I suspect a thermal shock with water droplets when engine is cold and you switch on/off the ignition several times, just to move the car for few meters.
LC1s units are ok.
So, I just replaced the sensor with a spare one, and in the meantime, I updated everything.

In 7 years, I got few Error 8, particularly when brutally accelerating and Error 9 on the first startup (logic). That's all .... pretty reliable.
Performing free air calibration every about 3 months, and not noticing any resolution trouble or lean report accross the time.
And the top of the top :lol: , LC1 units are attached at the rear of the gearbox.
But for sure, my two Bosch sensors are fitted in the downpipes, not so warm there, and in the 9am clock location.
And I run Ethanol since 2007 too, exhaust gas are colder.
I will update to 0 258 007 200 the next time, as this is an upgraded version of 0 258 007 057, just to try.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I have two spare sensors, tried those with the LC-1 (worked) and LM-2 (Error 2). Found definitely the unit.

Good spot with the wideband path... I've stuffed that up! :? Okay will put that in the fix for the next release

Does the chaining work okay then with Nistune (having AFR O2 LHS and RHS display?). I expect it should but cannot test until my unit is fixed now
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Chaining works.
Both AFRs are displayed correctly in real time in Nistune.
They are logged correctly in the file too and are called "AFR" and "AFR RHS".

In my case, I don't remember what is what, AFR LHS/RHS vs. LC1 id name vs. driver/passenger tailpipe :lol:
But both are pretty balanced all the time (I don't have exhaust X pipe but FMIC is cross-pattern)

Note: most of the components inside the LC1 unit can be replaced if fried.
Last edited by RomChip200 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah its the LM-2 which needs fixing. I require the small board with the connectors on it
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Added new WIDEBAND_BASE_PATH to be used by installed (and saved by software from 1.2.34 onwards)