Rb 20 comm issues

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Shadrin66

Rb 20 comm issues

Post by Shadrin66 »

I bought a 240z with rb20 installed with type 2, I can monitor all parameters and appears to let me adjust scales but with no effect in engine or afr's, Before I realized this issue i bought deatschwerks 550cc inj for the rb and did a resize on inj, vehicle still runs very rough and even monitoring my wideband I can change k constant in auto mode slightly from left side to right side of scale with no change in afr, shouldnt it richen up and lean while changing? I just happen to be looking at other forums and just so happens the previous owner of this vehicle has been having similar issues, I also have tried to adjust some mapping then upload into ecu and it tells me consult cable corrupted?? any Ideas of where to start like I said I recently bought this car and have no ideas where to start, Wiring?, nistune?, consult cable? Thanks-again
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Rb 20 comm issues

Post by Matt »

Yes the adjustment to K should make changes

1. Check you are in 'tuner mode'

2. When you get comms errors, it can be because of noisy electrics in the vehicle. Try making changes without engine running and see if you get the same errors. Refer here:
http://nistune.com/docs/Installation_an ... ostics.pdf

3. After connecting, make sure you hit 'down' to sync maps before making changes. When making changes, make sure it says 'uploaded' ... at the bottom of the screen so you can see it is uploading those changes
Shadrin66

Post by Shadrin66 »

I bought a new cable hoping this was the concern, Did not solve issue, Anytime I download image from Ecu It only downloads stock factory file, I can access my saved image from bin file, anytime I try to upload image it gives me ck sum error and disconnects the consult cable so I need to reconnect, I am in tuner mode and using windows 8 just in case this can be a concern? I have installed larger injectors and a z32 maf and it does seem to make a differance when resizing inj and maf It does make the change in ecm and does run good but cannot make any realtime adjustment to to any maps and like I added K constant does not change any afr's?? thanks again
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Windows 8 will work fine (I develop on Win7/Win8 here)

Please do File > Config > Debug logging

1. Restart Nistune with logging
2. Download maps
3. Make change to K constant
4. Make change to RPM limit
5. Press burn
6. Restart vehicle (10 seconds power off)
7. Download maps
8. Confirm if K and RPM still changed

Post/Email me the debug log files saved
Shadrin66

Post by Shadrin66 »

Hello Matt,

Just had time to due as you instructed with trying to burn map, After down loading map and making maf adjustments and resizing injectors and minor adjustments when trying to burn save it gives me a error message (Operation not supported), Burn operation available with Nistune Real Time Board?, And also got another message says operation not supported with standard Nissan Consult, I bought this car with this system and transferred the license into my name being told all was in fine working order? any Ideas
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sounds like the ECU does not have a board installed. Open it up if Nistune displays 'FACTORY' next to the ECU part number