TP Bug in version 1.2.4

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

unreal-

TP Bug in version 1.2.4

Post by unreal- »

I noticed the other day when i was taking some logs (just redid my timing map) i noticed that TP was not displaying in either the Consult gauge, nor the Log player AND the logs raw file (excel .CSV) I thought it was an error with my consult cable or something, but i realized that i didnt have this issue until i upgraded from version 1.0 to version 1.2.4.

I went to version 1.2 (stable) and the issue was not present.

Just giving a heads up
Attachments
tp bug 2.jpg
(622.86 KiB) Downloaded 3094 times
Ben C

Re: TP Bug in version 1.2.4

Post by Ben C »

I have contacted Matt regarding this, you need to enable Bfuel schedule when consult connects.

It has also been upgraded to show tp during stream mode.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've removed the original TP register from ER34/WC34 in the latest test version. This is because the register is actually replacing the boost register which is normally in that part of the consult table for these ECUs only

This is why you never got TP streaming on those ECUs (but instead boost)

Some special code has been added to fix this. However this means that the existing TP would be no longer available. What I have added to Nistune in this version is access to part of the Nissan Consult-2 registers

One of these registers is BFuel Calculated Load (or TP as we know it). So I've added TP to this table for ER34/WC34 which does not have this register. On fresh installs of Nistune the BFuel will be selected by default. I'll add something into the code to add it for upgrades in the next version so TP doesnt show as nothing

Anyway for now, select BFuel schedule and it will work again :)
unreal-

Post by unreal- »

Hey Matt,

I found BFuel Schedule, but it only appears in Stream Mode. The option is not available in Tuner Mode. If i scroll all the way down when it connects, i only have the TP (LOAD) option. TP does not show in Tuner Mode.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I'll check it out. I might have to do an extra fix before 1.6 goes out then
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I found if the ECU is an OBD-II unit but we dont have full access to the consult-2 table (tuner mode) then even though the BFuel register is available, we cant read it

I've added a workaround to fix this issue for the release going up today
unreal-

Post by unreal- »

Matt wrote:Okay I found if the ECU is an OBD-II unit but we dont have full access to the consult-2 table (tuner mode) then even though the BFuel register is available, we cant read it

I've added a workaround to fix this issue for the release going up today
Fix confirmed. Thanks Matt :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No probs. The code for accessing consult-2 registers has been in there for a while but there was a few models to test against and unfortunately that glitch got through

There are additional consult-2 registers still that can be added but nothing that important, just freeze frame values (these are captured when a DTC code is recorded)