Car stalls won't start since updated nistune to latest relea

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

MJD5SS

Car stalls won't start since updated nistune to latest relea

Post by MJD5SS »

I updated nistune and I went to change a map, as soon as I burnt the map to the ecu, car stalled and never started again.
All it does now is priming for 2 seconds, crank crank, fires, then turns off. does not idle one bit.

n15 pulsar.

I need to get a copy of an old release, I noticed when you're uploading a map to the ECU with the new nistune release, its including all these other tables which I've never seen before.

checked the fuel pump..

what's happening? bad fuel relay? only priming for 2 seconds wtf? also the gauge held 60 PSI with out the t-peice and just straight to the main fuel hose, so I guess that's heaps enough pressure and fuel pump is ok.
Last edited by MJD5SS on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJD5SS

Re: Car stalls won't start since updated nistune to latest r

Post by MJD5SS »

Ok, I downloaded the new nistune 1.1 version latest one, And I found a few extra options available hoping "safety rev limit" was launch control, hue hue.

So I slid the sliders seeing what they'd do, but as soon as I uploaded the modified map to the ECU, the car switched off, and never started again, The car was hitting fuel cut as soon as it cranked over forcing it to shut off again.
That's my theory anyways.

In the old nistune, "Rev limit 1" was the only option available, hence probably why its working fine here:

Along with the new update, I downloaded the new ROM pack, Values, sliders, and percentages working fine, How it should be:

but once I opened up my tuned map, the sliders would work, but the percentages would remain zero! (refer to first image)

after all this mumbo jumbo, I reverted back to the old version of nistune and loaded an old ROM and my map back onto the ECU, fuel pump primed for the correct amount of time, and away it started.

Only way I see using the latest nistune is to transfer all your information onto a stock updated ROM such as Maps, Scalers, limit tables, Enrichment tables, limits, etc one by one then upload map to ECU.

Could it be a GUI fault or a software bug? or a step that I'm missing... anyways, Thank god it starts, and was hoping I didn't brick my ECU >_<

cheers.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not a fault with Nistune, but the previous ROM image you have saved on your hard drive does not have all the maps included. This happens when you sync maps from an ECU and either the ROM pack folder was not installed previously or could not be located.

What you need to do now is reinstall version 1.1 and then sync the ECU maps into Nistune from the ECU, make sure there is no error message about cannot find a file to sync in (if there is you need to manually locate the base image in the ROM pack matching your ECU) and then save as a new file and use this instead

The latest Nistune version has added a lot more map definitions so your previous saved file does not have all those defined and cannot be used
MJD5SS

Post by MJD5SS »

sweet as thanks.
MJD5SS

Post by MJD5SS »

Speed limiter 1 works really good!!

Saftey rev limit (speedo=0 fuel cut) doesn't do anything, I was hoping saftey rev limit was launch control (stationary RPM limit) and speed limiter 2 was the KM/H threshold !! :D

and I don't know what safety TP limit does.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Safety limit only works when car is stationary. TP safety limit is a load (airflow) limit when stationary
MJD5SS

Post by MJD5SS »

Yeah car is stationary, I'll have a play with the TP limit, see what it does.