Type one board drivers not installing on WIN7 64bit?

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

blackjok3r

Type one board drivers not installing on WIN7 64bit?

Post by blackjok3r »

Hello i have just tried out my type one board in my r31. It wont connect to consult. It keeps saying "cannot find correct type 1 drivers"

I have uninstalled nistune (downloaded a new copy) and reinstalled and its not working. I have tried in device manager to manually update the drivers with the ecu plugged in but it tells me the file is damaged. Like I said ive downloaded a new copy of nistune to make sure it wasnt a corrupted download.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Type one board drivers not installing on WIN7 64bit?

Post by Matt »

Try doing a driver cleanup and install (last tickboxes when installing Nistune)

After this wait for about 30 seconds for the drivers to auto install and check Device Manager again

When you right click on the 'Nistune USB communications device' do a browse, point to the Nistune folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\NIStune\FTDI_Win2K_XP_Vista_Drivers

Accept that drivers are unsigned. I'm getting these signed at the moment
blackjok3r

Post by blackjok3r »

Sorry my bad. It actually win8 lol. I keep forgetting as I changed it back to win7 start menu etc. Have disabled driver signing as per the Nistune install instructions. Will give it another go this afternoon.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thats fine. I've finally started sorting out the signing for these drivers. Self signed drivers for now. Once I get microsoft certification then they will be released in the next windows updates. Bit of work still before that happens

Please use drivers in this thread. I've tested the consult / BIP ones so far but the Type 1 should be no different
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2509