0.10.11 save file overwrite with two images opened compared

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

0.10.11 save file overwrite with two images opened compared

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
this evening I lost a lot an original rom build to something I can't quite explain.

I had two hcr32 roms opened and compared for viewing when I noticed the overwrite of the original.

I made some changes to rom 1. (fuel and ignition scalers, firsttime enrich corrections))
opened rom2 in the second slot 2.

noticed a glitch in rom 2, opened the drop down for slot 1 so I could select it and make a change to it.
made the changes (firsttimeenrich) and clicked the save button next to it.

I then swapped the rom images back to original positions to view and compare. (I like to keep main new rom in red).

closed nistune and was prompted to save rom 2. I chose not to save as I previously saved it after I made changes to it when it was selected in slot 1 position.

reopened nistune rom1 and rom2 and compared. rom2 did not save.

I then tried to reproduce the issue but somehow overwrote the rom2 file with rom1 completely when all I did this time was to use copy map feature and copy 1 table (warmup temp constant ticked) and click corresponding save button.

this leads me to think that the save buttons seem to lock on to the originally opened file when saving and ignoring the actual file name displayed in the dropdown slot/box or I shouldn't work so late at night.

ok, to add to this the save button only ever saves the originally opened file.. noticed this by looking at the status messages.
the rom2 never saves regardless of whether slot1 or slot 2 has rom2 listed in its dropdown field..
also nothing gets saved unless one of the constants or maps is selected. save button ignores a save requested without warning.

after reveiwing the debug file to analyze what was going on, it would seem it is 12hrs + daylight saving out of sync with the PC clock.
8:56 at time of windows file creation and realtime. debug stamps 21:56...