0.10.3 -> Not Synced?

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Torque

0.10.3 -> Not Synced?

Post by Torque »

Hello,

I just installed the newest version and when loading my maps I get the requester
stating ' the to be loaded map is not synced ....' and whether I like to merge or not with a complete image.

If I click 'No' there is no data whatsoever displayed (all maps orange)

If I click 'yes' my map looks very creative (see picture)

I swear, that the map I was trying to load worked fine on the old Nistune Version.
In fact all my maps do not load with meaningful data! :(

Any ideas except downgrade?? (of course I have a backup)

Cheers ...

P.S:
Just found out that even the supplied rom-files do not load!!!!
Attachments
crap.jpg
(263.05 KiB) Downloaded 3158 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 0.10.3 -> Not Synced?

Post by Matt »

Missing some steps here...

1. Where is your ROM_Pack folder installed
2. What is the location in File-Configuration (ROM image pack location)
3. When you sync the image and you get the choices, does it actually sync the maps afterwards (ie Resynchonising tables message comes up with all the maps its loading)
(if the maps dont sync then whatever was previously loaded in Nistune will be displayed instead of what you expected)
4. If you point it to an image file from the ROM pack does it work then?

I've tried the above with 0.10.3 on a separate XP machine with Z32 ECU and havent been able to repeat. Might need some debug logs otherwise :(
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi!

Will provide more info.

Computer is XP/32 ..

All I can say that I used my old image location.

I only tried to load an old map of mine, without connecting to the ECU.
And Nistune would reject it.

I trieed to load an image from the ROM-Pack, same issue!
Nistune insists that the image file is not synced (the one from the ROM-Pack!!!)

What are the mechanics behind this?
Is there some marker in the .bin?

Thanks for getting back to this issue.

Matt wrote:Missing some steps here...

1. Where is your ROM_Pack folder installed
2. What is the location in File-Configuration (ROM image pack location)
3. When you sync the image and you get the choices, does it actually sync the maps afterwards (ie Resynchonising tables message comes up with all the maps its loading)
(if the maps dont sync then whatever was previously loaded in Nistune will be displayed instead of what you expected)
4. If you point it to an image file from the ROM pack does it work then?

I've tried the above with 0.10.3 on a separate XP machine with Z32 ECU and havent been able to repeat. Might need some debug logs otherwise :(
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ok this is just loading an image. Its asking to merge. Will try it tonight
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi!

I found out what the problem was.

Nistune did either not load / or had not loaded the correct address file.
As a result (I have no clue why) Nistune claimed the .bin files where not synced.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The mechanics behind synced files are checking the vector table... if the vector table (last 8 bytes of ECU image) are filled with FF's then Nistune detects this file is not complete. It then flags it as a synced image

If the wrong address file was loaded (or no address file) in this case a 64K address file reads a 32K Z32 image and finds the vector table 'empty' which is why the synced image error occured

When moving to the 0.10.x versions if the address file copies to C:\My Documents...\Nistune were not successful for some reason (bad permissions?) then the address files could not be loaded. I'm not sure what happened but if your File-Config folder points to the correct address file folder and the address file is opened then it can load the BIN file as per usual
Torque

Post by Torque »

Well,

the installer was only partly able to move all files, part of the (address) files were moved to
documents and settings, but also some wideband related files and .bin files were not.

When loading my image file, the address file was blank (I think).
But Nistune did not complain about the missing address file and came up with 'image not synced'

Maybe my directory structure has to be changed has well, since under the rom-pack folder I have the folder with
my own 'creations'

I understand this has been a major release change and am looking forward to exploring this new version.
:)
Torque

Post by Torque »

Matt wrote:it then flags it as a synced image

Does this 'flagging' happen in the file?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No filtering is internal to the software.

ROM pack directory should not be used for saving your own files. When we release an upgraded ROM pack with more BIN files (eventually there will be another one once I go through and clean it all up on my system) it would replace the existing ROM pack

The installer does the file copy process by moving from one folder to the next doing a 'rename'. However if there are windows permission issues (there is a windows XP bug with regards to security which means some files have permissions to move and others dont. That needs to be resolved using cacls.exe and putting the file permissions back to normal)
Torque

Post by Torque »

Thanks for the explanation,

Would it be OK to have my workdir under the Nistune-Tree at all, or rather somewhere else?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes in the My Documents folder that is fine to have your own folders there