Type 1 S13 CA18DET Maps highlight not correct

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

louiswun

Type 1 S13 CA18DET Maps highlight not correct

Post by louiswun »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyyEasgXVwg
On idle, both Fuel Map and Knock Fuel Map highlighted.
On throttle, all Fuel Maps and Timing Maps highlighted.
TM_S13

Re: Type 1 S13 CA18DET Maps highlight not correct

Post by TM_S13 »

that's a weird thing... though I have allways "heard" that the CA18DET ECU interpolates between both normal and knock maps, hence why most tunes and stuff have the same normal and knock map.
but the fact that both fuel maps are highlighted at idle and none of the timing maps are is weird

I guess we'll have to wait for Matt to be back later this week, if I'm not mistaken.

I was about to say that the base timing looks to be a bit low on the multichecker but them I remembered that you're on a diferent country and that the base timing is diferent hehe so forget this last sentence. lol
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm on really crappy wireless internet at the moment but in regards to this Type 1 has not been tested yet for this stuff so both maps will be highlighted in the interim until I add the code (half done) for these boards in regards to map highlighting
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

sorry for hijacking this thread but I came across an issue, in some way related to this one...

when having the laptop connected to the ECU, so you can load a new *.bin to the ecu, when you do a sync prior to that and then load, on the compare selection windows the file you want to load to the ECU and then tick compare so you can actually see what the diferences are, the maps aren't highlighted in grey... apart from that it works fine.

if we open some bin's on the laptop just to compare and "study" or simply see what they are "made of", the diferent maps are highlighted in grey, as they are supposed to be.

it's only when the laptop is connected to the ECU that this doesn't happen.
Preston

Post by Preston »

Would like to add that KA s13 maps highlighting aren't correct. Both fuel maps (regular and knock) are always highlighted, and neither timing map is ever highlighted.

Not a big deal car is parked until spring but figured I'd chime in for a future fix. Thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

both maps are highlighted because I cant determine knock for the fuel maps on these

timing map is not highlighted unless the vehicle is actually driving (TPS off, out of neutral) since it is using idle timing maps at the time
Preston

Post by Preston »

Ok thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This has been retested. Normally now fuel map (normal) unless knocking. Timing shows (knock) map and updates when timing modified. It uses an average of both tables but needs some more investigation