problem with latest beta.

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

enohand

Re: problem with latest beta.

Post by enohand »

yea the laptop i was using was windows 7 x64 ultimate...

but i have a spare laptop that i loaded Xp on last night & loaded the converter drivers, & all is well....

i just dont understand why nistune cant run on 7 with the converter....but ECUtalk can....its very odd
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune was written under Windows 98 originally using Microsoft Visual C++ (remembering back it was 2003 when I started this as a side project)

Anyway about 8 years later we have 64 bit operating systems using different drivers and another OS. I havent even looked at Windows 7 yet but given that all new machines will be rolling out with it to replace that horrible Vista I will see what I can find out, but only got 32 bit machine here so will have to try that first. First issue so far with Windows 7 so not sure if its 64/32 bit specific issue :?

Hopefully not a problem with the underlying windows calls that MFC is using. ECU talk is probably written in a different language using later OS calls
gilbertskyline

Post by gilbertskyline »

I"m using this same operating system 64bit, I tried it today to connect and i get a mfc error and then the software crash and close. very frustrating. so after fighting it i take out another laptop with win xp 32bit and nistune works, I'm using the usb consult cable.

is there a fix for this?

using it for a skyline er34 neo engine.

win 7 64bit

let me know thnx
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

To be honest - I'm might to have to purchase a 64 bit machine to try this out on. The fact that it works on ECU talk is good. That means that your USB cable drivers are running 64 bit mode okay

Can you please create a debug log so I can see at that point it crashes? File-Configuration-Debug logging then connect. I'll have a look at the output file to see what MFC call fails
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

problem with this is with the FTDI drivers. I'm testing Win7 64bit with my R34 at the moment

Get the latest ones here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1796&p=13148