throttle enrichment

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Fordy

throttle enrichment

Post by Fordy »

just like to confirm that the following maps arent working on a s14a sr20det

1, increase fuel
2, tps enrichment tigger
3, throttle open offset

all these have been zero'd and no difference in effect
all of these have been 255'd and still no difference in effect
all shal perrish

Post by all shal perrish »

i would like to add that the s14 ka24de ecu that TEMP ENRICH does nothign as well,
i have also 255ed all cells and no change along with 0 to all cells and no differance.

its making me fowl plugs ALOT with a 10.0-11 warm up idle.

sorry for thread jack
raddy

Post by raddy »

I can report same issue with TEMP ENRICH tables for S13 ca18det, there is no AFR feedback from this table. It looks that only fuel map cells values are used for TEMP ENRICH situation, probably without K value influence.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay thanks. i'll look into these on the bench
all shal perrish

any news on these topics?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not yet. i havent had a chance to look into them yet. they are on my investigation list
all shal perrish

sweet thanks.. ive fowled out 3 sets of plugs since this has been posted from to rich of a warm up idle.. so, i hope you can get a fix..
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

all shal perrish wrote:sweet thanks.. ive fowled out 3 sets of plugs since this has been posted from to rich of a warm up idle.. so, i hope you can get a fix..
have you tried the cold neutral + main enrichments yet? they get used for cold start etc adjusting them changed my cold start on my sr
all shal perrish

i have, that was the only way i was able to get my car to start, prior to changing those values the car would flood on cranking, it is just on cold idle warmup that it runs super rich and fowls my plugs out, once the car gets warm, idles nice at 14.7
Matt
Site Admin

Re: throttle enrichment

Post by Matt »

Doing some experimenting and research on this one now... I'll post notes here

Crank Enrich Offset - this one will affect the amount of injection when the starter is being used (ie start signal red on consult panel). Reducing this will reduce the amount of fuel added during injection

I've looked at the code at this one

Other two tables (Crank Enrich and Engine Crank Offset) whilst existent and referenced by the ECU do not appear to have any affect on injection pulse width during cranking in this situation (investigating further)

As for other cold enrichment tables, whilst they are there and referenced by the code in real life testing of the ECU the one to use was Cold Throttle Enrich. This is a temperature referenced table and has immediate effect on the injection pulse width.

In regards to these ones
2, tps enrichment trigger
=> actually 'Acceleration Increase Fuel'

The current TPS enrichment table is actually a temperature enrichment table

The way 'Acceleartion increase fuels' works is that when the TPS voltage = maximum (5.1 volts) then internally inside the ECU TP gets set to 255 (end of the map) but this doesnt get traced since it doesnt get reported by consult. The last row of the fuel table will be accessed but that wont show up on the map trace

I've made these changes to the address file. I'm still to investigate under what conditions all the enrichment tables which are there (referenced by temperature) get accessed and put pink table trace bars against them
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Thanks for the infos! :)
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

matt ive just been out this morning having a quick play with the cold start warming up phase while stationary

found that cold start neutral main vs coolant temp has no effect on injection pulse when adjusted when viewing consult vehicle display

yet i've found that cold start neutral secondary vs coolant temp make an effect on injection pulse when adjusted when viewing consult vehicle display

also im assuming cold main and cold secondary are for when the car is out of neutral?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is meant to be the case. A lot of these tables are neutral switch dependent. I'm adding colouring to the selected tables to make intepretation better
MichaS14a

Post by MichaS14a »

Matt wrote:I'm adding colouring to the selected tables to make intepretation better
This is a very good idea and make things easier. :D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yeah its done for RB30 and works well, but i cant add for other vehicles until 100% correct

I dont want it confusing people if there is a bug that slips through so needs to be tested properly