NTProg error - Write verify failed

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

XR Pilot

NTProg error - Write verify failed

Post by XR Pilot »

Hi Matt,

I've got an issue with NTProg. Using a Rev5a programmer, I get the following error "Write verify failed" after clicking program board. On the main program window behind the error popup I see "Write failed 0000,0F". Any ideas? I've tried the programmer on 2 different pc's, one of which has never had NTProg loaded, both Win XP (one is SP3, unsure of other PC). Using parallel port cable supplied with programmer, have USB powering programmer, PRG jumper is jumpered on the type 1 board I am trying to program (currently on VLT code base, trying to reflash CR31_RB30E_J7100_MT.ent) and _CS X7 is connected to the X1 header on the type 1 board as per instructions. From memory I have had this problem on a type 2 board also, except I don't think I ever got the software to work, I just found another solution.

EDIT: Also if you have an older version of NTProg handy I'm willing to try that and see how I go.
XR Pilot

Post by XR Pilot »

Tried NTProg 1.2.1 and 1.2.2, same error message.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Current NTProg versions should work

Make sure
1. PGM jumper is soldered
2. Type 1 Rev3A boards need the CS to LHS pin on X1 connected (but Rev3B boards dont with rev5B programmer, since you have the rev5A it will need this link still)
3. Check CS and VCC lights flash when hitting initialise button

The rev5a programmer may have an issue with the parallel port on rev5B we added extra filtering for that CS line. We can exchange the programmer if you wish to try that out
XR Pilot

Post by XR Pilot »

Hi Matt, sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit busy.

The PGM jumper was definately soldered, re-did it to make sure. The CS line was connected however the CS led was not lighting up, I may be encountering the issue you mention with the rev5a boards. I think an exchange board is probably what I need to do, I'll send an email to you shortly.