clicked on WB02 and it flashes up then Nistune Closes down

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

clicked on WB02 and it flashes up then Nistune Closes down

Post by bachig24u »

I used latest beta today for the first time, everytime I connected consult, then clicked WB02 the program displayed afr box for a split second then Nistune closed or crashed, I installed 3 older beta's that worked fine previously over the top and still nogo. rolled back XP using system restore to 3 weeks ago and then installed latest beta and clicked WB02 all is fine... using innovate LC-1 (innovate mts).

I added usb drivers for some other ECU tools a few days ago but thats all that had changed.

Any I deas how to fix this? I can send you the other usb device files so you can see if they are related to the problem.
Sime
http://www.jps.net.au
tuners@jps.net.au
Calibration Engineer
JPS Motorsports & Electronics
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

viewtopic.php?t=1212

for anyone else having same issues...
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

FYI,
I'm not convinced it's the latest beta that caused the issue.

after the XP system restore function all has been well, must have done a driver rollaback in the process and deleted those files mentioned in your other post, I'm currently running the latest beta and all works well, logging was fine and not once did Nistune crash/close when clicking on WB02 button.

What I found strange was that Innovate logworks didn't have a problem reading the LC-1 whilst Nistune did and it didn't matter which version I rolled back to. I'm not sure what trigged this to happen.

Any thoughts?
Sime
http://www.jps.net.au
tuners@jps.net.au
Calibration Engineer
JPS Motorsports & Electronics
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its not actually the latest beta, its the Innovate MTS files that were included in the Nistune folder

If you reverse install, the newer files are not touched by previous installers (ie leaves the latest version on there)

I'm running the latest beta on several machines here with the newer Innoavte MTS files and all seems to be running well

However if those older files are in the c:\windows\system directory which installers from last year put them, then these old versions will be attempted to be used whilst Nistune is expecting a newer version. Thats where it falls to pieces (from 0.9.13.2 onwards we use the newer DLLs)