Turbo Temp Monitor

Discuss hardware enhancements, suggestions, and wishes here.

Moderator: Matt

omnigear

Turbo Temp Monitor

Post by omnigear »

is it possible for Nistune to have this feature? get a thermocouple like http://www.ebay.com/itm/2M-EGT-K-Type-T ... 3cf64cf025

and even if you take the key out the car will idle until set temp is reached.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Turbo Temp Monitor

Post by Matt »

Not really, the ECU shuts down by itself. You would need an external circuit to keep the ECU working once the key is off

Even then it opens up legal issues, such as the ECU not shutting off when the vehicle is in an accident
omnigear

Post by omnigear »

when the brake is depressed it would shut off, idk what I had on my other bnr32 it did not have a manual turbo timer. Some times it would stay on and some times it would shut off when I turn off the car, depending on how hard I drive her. I though it was standard for all until I got my current bnr32 >_<
Matt wrote:Not really, the ECU shuts down by itself. You would need an external circuit to keep the ECU working once the key is off

Even then it opens up legal issues, such as the ECU not shutting off when the vehicle is in an accident
Eric

Post by Eric »

I have seen that turbotimer feature with a Z32 (type 2) ECU.
It is one of the options/features of a twinchip for the Z32 (http://twinchip.ch/)
Not sure how it is done.

On a sidenote, I once had a defective Z32 ECU that kept the engine running, even with the ignition turned off and the key out of the ignition.
Only way to turn off the engine was by disconnecting the battery.
I think it turned out to be a fried diode (or resistor..can't remember exactly which, was a long time ago)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I've seen that on an ECU here. I think it was the diode was shorted out keeping ignition input on all the time. Seems to be a common thing with ignition diodes shorted with ECUs I have to repair