Matt i need you! lol

Discuss hardware enhancements, suggestions, and wishes here.

Moderator: Matt

s13_silvia_redtop

Matt i need you! lol

Post by s13_silvia_redtop »

okay so on the consult cable there is the little PCB with 3 lights, well all in short the usb cable after the PCB had an open on the power wire within the cable. i have a new usb cable i bought that comes with a shielding wire, basically i wanted to know if the shielding wire and the ground (-) are supposed to have continuity? i desoldered the old cable and soldered the new one on there but im getting continuity there, i dont rememeber if that was like that before? Thanks matt i cant wait to get this thing working again haha
s13_silvia_redtop

Re: Matt i need you! lol

Post by s13_silvia_redtop »

figured it out. pretty sure its suppose to have continuity, just tried it out on the car and it connects! but when the power wire on the old cord blew out and went open i think it touch the shielding and blew a fuse too so that sucked to figure out but i realized i didnt have 12 volts on the power wire on the consult plug pretty quickly.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Matt i need you! lol

Post by Matt »

You need to check with Pete from PLMS since he does the design of those cables. Usually shield should be grounded so I would assume there would be connectivity