Tomei Rytec & Nistune

Discuss hardware enhancements, suggestions, and wishes here.

Moderator: Matt

Tengis

Re: Tomei Rytec & Nistune

Post by Tengis »

Any updates to this? Just saw a local install his MAP harness and MAP sensor and it piqued my interest.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Not at the moment. I'm quite happy with the HPX sensors and their lack of top end limit and flexibility of where they can be installed without being restricted to the standard Z32 MAF

Doing the MAP sensing on these units will be done after my later model ECU work is completed at this stage.

Also I've looked at how Nismotronic guys were running with MAP and many are running into issues with keeping good and consistent tunes. Those are the kind of problems I don't want to face so waiting to see how those users go with getting a good tune into it

Also is the thing of having to rewrite a fair bit of Nissan stuff so the range of ECUs supported would be limited. It would be a feature pack '2' update when it happens but not in the short term
Tengis

Post by Tengis »

I personally dont care much about running just a MAP sensor but Ide say half the people I talk to think that running a MAF is a limitation because they dont know any better :roll:.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Well the 300ZX MAFs are limited where you can put them, reversion issues and the 500hp top out factor

The HPX MAF sensors you are more free where they are installed, the piping size and the design which is more accomodating for reversion. Still having a recirc BOV is beneficial even using these sensors
unex

Post by unex »

I dont know how much cost z33 MAFs in AU or USA, but here, they are so cheap (second hand), and as you know they are the same design as HPX, and I can say z33 MAF work so much better than z32 because of reverse air problem, so why everybody still uses z32 MAFs I dont get it.
Also I dont see much sr20det's over 500hp, so I think that demand on using MAP is more related to peoples beliefs. The only MAF negative vs MAP I see is that MAF is more sensitive to boost leak, but in other hand you have to do boost leak test every time before you tune.
Oh, yes, another one negative is that you could do load scale easier with MAP, but I dont see other benefits in that power range.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you use feature pack firmware, there is no need to rescale (we actually advise against where you have the feature pack)

The general rule when you have the total injection multiplier is to use 'K constant' to adjust the load within the factory load ranges in the fuel/timing maps for what the vehicle is capable of. Use the new parameter Total Injection Multiplier (TIM) to adjust your fueling

Z33 MAFs have a limit less than the Z32 MAF (about 310rwkw) which is why the MAF is more popular with some applications. Plus sourcing the mounts has proven challenging. This is why I offer the the MRP Machining weld on bungs from our website. These guys also offer tubes for about $80-$95 USD but I don't stock those
unex

Post by unex »

Matt wrote:If you use feature pack firmware, there is no need to rescale (we actually advise against where you have the feature pack)

The general rule when you have the total injection multiplier is to use 'K constant' to adjust the load within the factory load ranges in the fuel/timing maps for what the vehicle is capable of. Use the new parameter Total Injection Multiplier (TIM) to adjust your fueling

Z33 MAFs have a limit less than the Z32 MAF (about 310rwkw) which is why the MAF is more popular with some applications. Plus sourcing the mounts has proven challenging. This is why I offer the the MRP Machining weld on bungs from our website. These guys also offer tubes for about $80-$95 USD but I don't stock those
Yes, I know about FP. But its better to see actual boost for load scale, not random numbers, this is one small benefit for the MAP.
I hope to find out soon how much z33 MAF capable, but anyway, the last one I bought from scrap yard was about 40usd including plug...