AEM UEGO not working in Nistune but works in Hyper Terminal

Anything related to the AEM brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

judasentinel

AEM UEGO not working in Nistune but works in Hyper Terminal

Post by judasentinel »

Hi all,

Finally got the car to run much better.

I recently connected my AEM UEGO through the serial port to my laptop and started the hyper terminal. Worked like a charm.

Then I went on to connect it while in Nistune, and it didnt work at all. The map comes up, but stays blank, with no values showing at all. I am stumped. I tried reading thru the other threads on this subject, set the configuration as per the instructions, but no luck.

I would think that it was the wiring, but it works with Hyper Terminal. I am using COM3 for Consult (USB cable) and COM1 for serial port (wideband), but nothing is working out.

Can anyone help? My Nistune wideband folder doesnt have any configuration files for AEM UEGO. Is that cause for concern? And in the configuration screen, there is a location where you select the folder for wideband config files. What do I type in there?

Please help as this is the last bit of setup that seems to have gotten me by the throat.

Thanks
modulation

Post by modulation »

1. You close hyperterminal before opening nistune and trying to connect right?

2. Hate to ask, but did you click on the button "Wide Band LH" next to the "consult" button? Cause it took me a while to figure out you had to do this.
Just as you connect to consult with the "consult" button, you have to click the "Wide Band LH" button to have nistune start to listen to the wideband serial data.