AEMNet support

Anything related to the AEM brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

alexj

AEMNet support

Post by alexj »

Hi Guys, do you think you'd be able to add support for AEMNet? Looks like AEM's answer to Innovates MTX. Based on CAN bus by the look of it.

I wanted to replace my old series LM1 with a AEM Failsafe which logs boost afr and RPM and just assumed there would be a regular serial output for nistune to consume like the older AEM UEGO gauges but it looks more complex.

I can always go for a DLP and use the analog outputs for boost and afr from the AEM but it's a bit of a faff.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: AEMNet support

Post by Matt »

I can add it in. Got links for the protocol at all?
alexj

Post by alexj »

The aemnet message for this gauge is in the instructions. But I don't know if that's also what is sent to the usb port. The gauge has a built in usb lead and their software can see realtime afr, boost and rpm but it also has spare "aemnet" pins on the back connector the connector is an optional extra. Ideally we'd want to sniff the usb port traffic. I have emailed them to ask for protocol info on the usb port.
Attachments
Installation Instructions 30-4900.pdf
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Should be able to work with it. Looks like I need a device to test with
alexj

Post by alexj »

Aem have come back and said the usb interface doesn't have a data stream so it looks like the aemnet/canbus option is the only one.

As an interim I hooked it up to a DLP to test the analog outputs but they are hopeless; inaccurate and noisy. Seems a common issue with wideband analog outputs and aem especially.

Oddly the analog voltage is different and closer to the correct value when measured by the dlp compared to my multimeter.

Matt, is there a local supplier you could get a device to test the aemnet protocol and messaging from?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've contacted AEM sales for a sample unit to develop against. See if I get a response tomorrow
joe87t

Post by joe87t »

Hey,

Any word from AEM? I was considering the Wideband failsafe
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

No response from AEM. Have to source one myself