Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Other Wideband (non serial devices) - New USB A/D converter

Post by Matt »

I am looking to support the following device in NIStune

http://www.dlpdesign.com/

New Product: DLP-IO8-G 8-Channel Data Acquisition Module

October 2006: DLP Design is pleased to announce the new DLP-IO8 USB-based data acquisition module -- now lead free. Datasheet

The DLP-IO8-G is a low-cost, USB-powered module for measuring voltages, controlling and monitoring processes, and acquiring temperature data. Each of the 8 available channels can be configured for any of the digital, analog, or temperature modes via single-byte commands using HyperTerminal or your own custom software

I can map the first channel to AFR and another 6 channels to auxillary inputs using this device. I am planning to get some from mouser.com and adding support when I get back
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

Looks good Matt,

Something I will definitely be interested in.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay this has been added!

It is a 8 channel AD converter with selection of digital or analog inputs. NIStune will take channels 1-7

1: AFR (converts 0-5V into AFR using lookup table in AFR1.csv / AFR2.csv)
2 - 7: Custom 0-5 volt Aux input maps to AUX1-AUX6 using lookup tables

Damn it is quick ... at 115200bps over the inbuilt serial-USB converter has a much higher sample rate than most wideband units which run 9600bps

I have bought three units since postage is expensive from mosuer.com outside the US ... let me know if you want one! I will charge what I paid $30USD plus some of the postage costs

http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml
http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/images/dlp-io8-ds-v14.pdf

Available in the next release
Willy

Post by Willy »

I just thought I'd post up to say that I received one of these. Thanks very much Matt :)

Unfortunately I've been too flat out to test it with Nistune. I'm hoping I can wire it to the stock MAP sensor in my GTI-R so I can log boost. Does anyone have any voltage vs MAP graphs for these stock sensors? If not, I'll have to try and rig something up so I can measure it myself.
maxmaxim91

Post by maxmaxim91 »

Just ordered the DLP AD converter. Excited to see it all come together. I would really like to be able to hook a map sensor into it also. Matt, can you verify to me that its possible, i cant imagine it wouldnt be.

Jeremy
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It is possible if it supports 0-5 volt output
crans

Post by crans »

Matt just sent you an email to order one of these
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm out of these A/D converters now....

Yes you can hook a MAF sensor or anything with 0-5 volt output into them
crans

Post by crans »

Damn i wanted more of them
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You can get them from http://www.mouser.com but postage is a bit pricy
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

Matt wrote:You can get them from http://www.mouser.com but postage is a bit pricy
Effectively :?

Do you know if there are other products like this one (I just need 2 channels) who works with Nistune ?
200SX RS13 Zenki (w. CA18DET)
280hp & 330Nm @ 16PSI (GT25R)
Nistune type 1 rev3a
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Devices are only supported if I code for it. No other devices other than currently listed ones at this stage
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

OK.
So I'll try to buy one ....
200SX RS13 Zenki (w. CA18DET)
280hp & 330Nm @ 16PSI (GT25R)
Nistune type 1 rev3a
JimmyZ89

Post by JimmyZ89 »

I've been trying to understand something about this. So I can plug in any 0-5v source to this A/D converter up to 7 sources with NIStune. So then NIStune displays them as AUX1-7 using some look up tables. Ok here's my uneducated question, Where do I get these look up tables? Are there tables already available for map sensors, egt sensors, temp sensors, etc or do I need to create them? So then is it the look up tables that make NIStune display an representable value other than 0-5v like psi or C/F temp? I did manage to find a voltage to psi table someone made for a gm 2-bar map sensor. I was thinking of buying a zeitronix wb02 to use for data logging extra sensors with NIStune but this A/D converter has intrigued me. Is it possible to get the 0-5v signal from say a electrical analog gauge like VDO or Prosport?
thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is the main AFR plus 6 x auxillary inputs

Lookup tables depend on type of wideband unit. Zeitronix reports all inputs of its units standard over the interface, except for its spare 'auxillary'0 -5 volt input which needs a lookup table

Where there are generic auxillary inputs, you need to define a lookup table mapping voltage to the outputs you want to display. Have a look in the wideband subdirectories of NIStune to see examples of these

The DLP A/D converter would require lookup tables for all its inputs including AFR since its just an input device. NIStune by default would display defaults in volts until you map in real units

Im not sure about those gauges you have mentioned. You would need to look them up and check the output signal and what it maps to