Zeitronix Support Added

Anything related to the Zeitronix brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Zeitronix Support Added

Post by Matt »

Zeitronix wideband has been added last night. I need to develop a small Zeitronix serial simulator for testing to check it out but should be ready soon
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The AFR ratio for Zeitronix has been confirmed working. Please let me know if you have any problems with the other inputs from this unit
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

Hey,
I had a go for the first time last night with my REV 3a board in a CA18DET with Zietronix WBO2.
It works great!
only thing is, I had to use the Zietronix software, as within about 5 seconds of clicking the "Wideband" button, It would come up with an error....you know the ones with the send an error report type ones......and would then shut down NISTune once you clicked it.

The Wideband input did work tho.....it would bring up the wideband dialog, and display the AFR for a few seconds before showing the error.

I was going to click "send report" so that Id have some info for you, but when I went to do it, I accedintly clicked dont send (from habbit).

I wont be able to replicate this error again until I get a car to play with again ( I recently sold my CA18 datsun ).

anyway.....it would be great to be able to use the features like AFR map tracing......which I also seen work for a couple seconds before error came up.

cheers
Dan
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

okay - dont sorry about sending the bug report since that goes to microsoft

i will try the latest version again with the Zeitronix simulator using the same setup as yourself and see if i can replicate the problem

if you can turn on 'Debug logging' and send me the output log file from that then i would be able to put the exact sensor data you were using into my bench setup to reproduce the problem. log files stored under c:\program files\nistune\logs
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

cheers,
unless it saved logs without me turning it on, then it will have to wait till I have another engine to play with.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

its off by default (logs can get very big). its on my to investigate list
turbobluestreak

Post by turbobluestreak »

I tried to connect my wideband and when I clicked the LH Wideband tab I'm getting errors and cant use my zeitronix wideband input.

Mike
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Is it possbile to send me a log of your errors? Enable File-Configuration-Debug logging and the log files get put in C:\Program Files\NIStune\logs

I can also check this out tomorrow night using my zeitronix simulator

Have you had it working on previous versions?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sent you an email about this

But I have tested my zeitronix simulator with 0.90119 (which has been rebuilt and uploaded to the download area) and also the latest version. Both appear to work fine without errors

Please make sure you are selecting the correct COM port which the zeitronix is connected to. Its the only thing right now that I could think is wrong (sometimes accidently selecting the COM port which is used by consult can cause this problem)

Let me know how that goes
DuoWing

Post by DuoWing »

I just finished hooking up my Zeitronix ZT-2 today. I had the wideband hooked up to test it, but pulled it back out as I had it in the stock O2 sensor location which is a bout a few inches from the turbo. I hear that's bad, so I'll wait until I get a bung welded a bit more downstream, but I do have the ZT-2 map sensor, and I got myself a Serial-to-USB converter so I could use the ZT-2 with my laptop. Anyway the Zeitronix software had no problem logging the ZT-2, I checked the COM port in device manager and adjusted it. It was set to COM 4. Then I went into Nistune and switched it to COM 4. Everytime I'd set it to use the wideband info the little consult box would pop up, display RPM, AFR, MAP values, etc. Then within like a few seconds it would give an error. I tried a couple times then it started working, although I would get the error wideband not configured. I don't know if this was the error coming from the secondary wideband not being configured. I hit F5 to activate wideband. I'll try again later tonight and see if I go through the same issue again.

Once it did start working though AFR sat at 14.7 just like my Zeitronix gauge, the map reading matched up perfectly to what was on my Zeitronix gauge, and RPM was close, but just a little different from what Nistune was reading. I assume it has to do with the RPM reading coming directly from the ouput wire of my Mallory ignition for the ZT-2 and the reading running back from the negative coil, through the tach adapter, and then finally back to the ECU.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

there are some known connectivitty issues with the zeitronix

instead of using 'auto' for the consult port select the COM port. This will remove the auto detection from stuffing up the wideband detection

after that, try connecting with zeitronix when it is powered off, then afterwards start the zeitronix then try connecting

let me know how that goes. if you are still having issues, I'll chase some time up after the weekend to investigate and fix
DuoWing

Post by DuoWing »

Interestingly enough it did it again. I went under configuration and set it to COM4 as that's where my Serial-USB devices shows up under Device manager. Anyway it did the same thing. Connect then fail after a few seconds. It did this maybe 2-3 times, then I tried again and it connected and worked the whole way home.

I don't know if it made any difference because I went up and selected WB O2 LH since that's the one I configured for Zeitronix and that was when it worked when it failed I was pressing F5 to connect and I don't know if it has anything to do with the second the WB O2 RH? Anyway under Configuration I have:
Nissan ECU Communications: Port Auto

Wideband Type:
Zeitronix COM4
None COM1 (can this be turned off so it won't give me a wideband not configured message?)

and everything else left alone.

When I was done I played back the log and was wondering how I could find my other RPM, Boost, etc that the ZT-2 logs. I saw that the AFR 3D trace allowed me to view all those other options. Is there anyway to play the logged info back through the Wideband window you can pull up by pressing F11?

Otherwise it seems like it works good save for the first few tries were it seems to have a problem. I know when I load up the Zeitronix program it mentions that there will be a 30 second delay to allow the sensor to warm up properly, I don't know if that would have anything to do with it?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

no it shouldn't

its a problem with a continous stream of data and Nistune trying to jump onto it and sometimes gets too much data and cant get rid of it in time

I know the problem because I've analysed it but trying to think up a more robust solution right now. maybe if I throw only a certain amount away then I might get the start of the data stream. I'll have a look at it probably about Tuesday night with the simulator since I can repeat the problem here

try connecting Zeitronix first and then consult afterwords also
DuoWing

Post by DuoWing »

I was messing around with it more tonight, and it seemed like I didn't have any issues with connecting to the Zeitronix data. I waited until my gauge would show the readout from my map sensor then I would try connecting to Nistune and I had no problem.
J30_VG33ET

Post by J30_VG33ET »

FWIW, I've been having no problems with mine.

Running the current FDTI drivers from their web site (for the Serial-USB converter) on XP Pro.