nistune type 1 problems..

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That maxima ECU looks like a Z31 ECU... it might work if we can get you connected. try the Z31_VG30_128_87-89_E.adr file in the ROM image pack and then try the connect button and let us know what you get

Yep you can use another 1986-1989 Z31 ECU if you wish to just socket and plug into that instead...

But see how the maxima ECU goes you might be in luck
Big_E-Dog

Post by Big_E-Dog »

matt your the MTFM! nistune works works but car dosent start im gonna put it in the other spare ecu that i have. which is a clone of the one that im running now. just didnt wanna screw it up. now i gotta read a bunch of shit on how to tune this mofo and see if i cn find someone with a wideband that i can borrow.

THANKS MATT

btw you got some reccomended sites of info to read for tuning??
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Documentation at www.nistune.com there is a tuning guide Pete has put together :D
Big_E-Dog

Post by Big_E-Dog »

thanks
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

I did an Max ECU and it does work. The one I used was out of an 88 Max #A18-696-E89
It has to have a certain chip in it to work
Bennard is more up on this than me. Check out this thread, post #http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=10495

We used it in an 88 Z31 and used a Z adr file
Big_E-Dog

Post by Big_E-Dog »

it works in the one i have as well plus i still have the 300zx ecu so im almost done just gotta get the z32 300zxtt injectors
Big_E-Dog

Re: nistune type 1 problems..

Post by Big_E-Dog »

got a question, a pin on the nistune board broke off, and the ppl here in california dont seem to know where i can get a 28 pin male to male socket thingy. so my question is, what do i do now....

do i have to buy a new board??

the pin that broke off i tried to solder to it and to the eprom socket and nothing happens, no fuel pump wine.

any suggestions...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

either send the board back, or I can send out a pin if you can install it properly. you need to desolder the back of the old pin, then cut the plastic away using a thin blade

After that put in the new pin, line up using a spare socket and then solder the top and then super glue small blob between plastic

Those pins arent easy to come by
Big_E-Dog

Post by Big_E-Dog »

yeah i figured that much went to several circut stores and no one can source it.

i think ima ship it to you just so that its done right. pm me your address so i can ship it out asap thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune Developments
Matt Brown
PO Box 219
Salisbury South SA 5106
Australia
Big_E-Dog

Post by Big_E-Dog »

lemme know when you get it and what you can do for me, if its gonna cost money lemme know how much

thanks!