S14 SR20SET - Reading OK but writting impossible

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

LMQT

S14 SR20SET - Reading OK but writting impossible

Post by LMQT »

Hi all,

I've got a big problem with an S14 (SR20DET) :
- everything is OK when Nistune read data from the ECU (the consult mode)
- but when I tried to write data manually I've got "(data) not uploaded" in the status bar
- and if try to synchronize Nistune towards ECU, I've got a messagebox with "Checksum error! Corruption detected on consult line"

- It is under Vista Home
- cable PLM (USB)
- Version of Nistune tested : 0.9254, 0.9255 and 0.9261
- version of USB driver : the one founded here http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/usb_drivers.htm

Can you help me please :cry:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

First thing is to put a debug log up here so I can look through it and see what is going on inside the software. After that we can work from there

Are you getting a 'REV' displayed after 'ECU ID' in the main bar at the top?
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

Yes, the revision of the ECU is correctly detected and displayed on top.
In fact, all the receptions are OK (RPM, TP, temperature, O2, speed, etc.). And synchronizing the ECU maps to the PC is OK too.

Only transmitting (writting) to the ECU is faulting.

I don't have the car with myself for the moment, I have to move by my friend to doing a debug-log :?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What is the ECU part number which is in the board? Just wondering if a firmware or jumper setting issue
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

It is 23710-75F00
200SX RS13 Zenki (w. CA18DET)
280hp & 330Nm @ 16PSI (GT25R)
Nistune type 1 rev3a
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

Some more news with this strange problem :

- all the hardware is working OK because if I go to "Consult active test" and modify "injection" or "IACC" the engine react immediately

- impossible to obtain some logs : the directory logs is empty (all is well configured of course)

Any idea Matt ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

To enable debug logging first File-Configuration-Debug logging and then restart NIStune

After you restart it should start logging and put them in c:\Program Files\Nistune\logs
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

As I said, all is correctly configured for the logging, but Nistune produce no file at all with Vista :(
It was working correctly with my old notebook before.

So I can't have log for you :?

PS : sometimes, Vista is frozen. I remember have seen something like that somewhere in the forum, but can't retreive this topic .....
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

Another question please : I've just seen that there is a version of the USB driver in the directory where Nistune is installed.

Wich one is most preferable to install (under Vista) ?
Nistune type 1 rev3a
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

In Vista completely uninstall alll drivers (tick the box to remove driver when uninstalling) and use the drivers which come with the latest version of NIStune available

These have newer drivers updated for Vista which will fix crash issues found with previous FTDI releases. I have an upgrade document going up soon for the PLMS USB drivers, also applies to the earlier Type 1 boards too

Send me an email and I'll sort it out with you through that. Might send out another board so you can double check it all
LMQT

Post by LMQT »

OK we're going with mail for the following....

Just one thing here, it can help another : the logs are impossible with v0.9261_beta, under Vista and under XP Pro SP1 (not tested with another version).
And Nistune empty the directory if there are previous logs :(
Nistune type 1 rev3a
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This does not sound right at all. I've never seen anything like this and works on Vista/XP/98 for a long time now

When you tick debug logging, the subsequent times you start nistune it should start putting .log files in the c:\Program Files\Nistune\logs folder

This will continue each time you start Nistune until it is disabled

There is no functionality to remove log files from our software

Please see attached pictures and double check this box is ticked when you restart Nistune
Attachments
tick_debug_logging.JPG
Tick debug logging. Restart and check this is ticked
(76.04 KiB) Downloaded 7803 times
log_output.JPG
Files should end with .log and end here
(61.89 KiB) Downloaded 7803 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

this does not sound right at all. I've never seen anything like this
rmp459

Re: S14 SR20SET - Reading OK but writting impossible

Post by rmp459 »

man, I am having the same problems right now on a z32 vg30dett w/ a 16-bit ecu. (51P60)

i can download the bin from the ECU and pull up all of the gauges, but I cannot write to it. I get a checksum error corruption detected on consult line message.

Attached log file.

Also: I never jumpered the ECU, but I cannot find either the J010, or J011 pin out on my Z32 board, and the CJ1 and CJ2 jumpers are not in the same location as the images in the install document... do I still use the CJ1 / CJ2 ? My two ECUs look exactly the same.

SUPER EDIT:

DERP IM RETARDED.

Read the full type-3 install and noticed the different pictures and that a 51Pxx board was CJ1 and CJ2. Figured that the locations were different based on ECU and went ahead and rejumpered them. I am now gettin the revision and successfully writing/flashing the ECU! Let this serve as a record for people who read things once 3 months ago and then forget to actually do them when its time.

CARRY ON NISTUNERS. CARRY ON.
Attachments
nistune-0310-1336.log
(365.79 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: S14 SR20SET - Reading OK but writting impossible

Post by Matt »

Are the pictures in our manuals okay for the Z32 ECU you were using? The jumpers seem to be different between two different types of Z32 16 bit models