Moates Ostrich 2.0

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Pingu

Moates Ostrich 2.0

Post by Pingu »

After updating the emulators with the current firmware, the emulators fail to work with any tuning software i have - apart from EM utility.

With EM utility upload and download is working fine - the emulators seem to be in full working order.

With Nistune & TunerPro RT connection errors occur - detection happens but nothing much else. Multiple PC's (laptop & desktop with different OS's) tried with no change in result.

The firmware happened to be the same code as what was previously on there - 20.6.0

I suspect the emulators are encrypted and something has gone wrong there. (After first starting nistune hehe :-D)

Does anyone have earlier firmware for these that they could point me to / send ?

Anyone encountered a similar problem?

A little while back a friend connected to one of these emulators and a similar thing happened, i was locked out of using the emulator from some sort of USB encryption - After connecting it back to his PC & he did something to correct the issue and it was solved - it might be the same issue unfortunatley he is unavailable currently to give light to the situation!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There should be no encryption with the moates emulators. I have three here, two with 20.6 and one with 20.5 and all work

I've had a look though your logs and I think that the h/w maptracing may be affecting 16 bit operation. So I have added a tickbox so far to enable/disable that feature and am looking into the win98 operation at the moment
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Auto maptrace timeout has been also added. Release 0.921 available now with that fix.

16 bit maptracing doesnt work yet. I'll get around to it after these other issues resolved