Nistune Type 3 Board Issue - SR20DET

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

chefboyrp123

Nistune Type 3 Board Issue - SR20DET

Post by chefboyrp123 »

Hello all... I recently purchased a Type 3 board for my red top 180SX a few months ago.... I was very pleased with my Nistune ECU for 2 1/2 months until a couple weeks ago, it ran great.... The ECU wouldnt start, ran rich, wouldn't connect to my laptop, and if i did get it started, only 2 cylinders fired... So i replaced it with a EPROM ECU i had and it runs good...

I believe that the type 3 board i have is still good, and maybe something went south from the install... The install was done by a buddy of mine who works on Avionics for military aircraft.... I was wondering what the resistance reading for the CJ2 jumper should be (Continuity?)... When i examined it, it looks as the solder came off, but i dont have a magnified glass to confirm... I also get a pretty high reading (4MOhms)... Also, any other continuity check points would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you in advance...
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune Type 3 Board Issue - SR20DET

Post by Matt »

Resistor is 0 ohms... can be replaced by a small lump of solder between the two pads

Try that out and see how it goes. Sounds like the ECU is running limp mode right now due to some installation problem
chefboyrp123

Post by chefboyrp123 »

Ok, I'll give it a try.... Thank you....
chefboyrp123

Post by chefboyrp123 »

Added a little solder to the jumper and it runs like a champ... Thanks for the help, Matt....