Consult port pin out needed

Discuss hardware problems here.

Moderator: Matt

Guilt-Toy

Consult port pin out needed

Post by Guilt-Toy »

Have a R33 i am trying to connect with Nistune but cannot go online with consult.

I have installed the ECU into my own car and connected fine with my consult port without any problems.

Thinking there is a cable link problem between ecu harness and consult port in car.

Is there a pin out on how to wire a additional consult port to the ecu wire harness directly?

cheers
PL

Re: Consult port pin out needed

Post by PL »

I've got some info on my website about the pinouts on the consult connector itself. Or did you mean the ECU end? If so which ECU are you using?

http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/sr_setu ... nsult_port

PL
Guilt-Toy

Post by Guilt-Toy »

its a Z32 ecu going into a R33 Skyline

Consult does not work with standard r33 ecu or with the Z32 ecu.

Any common issues / wire faults i should look our for to make fixing this issue easier?

cheers
PL

Post by PL »

It shouldn't be too hard to get going. There's only 12V, ground and then the 3 signals - CLK, Tx and Rx.

I often wire consult ports direct to ECU. Just snip the consult port from donor vehicle and try to grab about 250mm of wire with it. Then it's just a matter of locating power and ground - always the last 2 pins on one end of the ECU plug. Then look up the pinout for your ECU and hook up the 3 signal wires.

PL
Guilt-Toy

Post by Guilt-Toy »

found the details in the consult troubleshooting guide - installed extra plug and connected fine.

does this happen often?
PL

Post by PL »

No, it's mainly when an engine conversion has been done (eg: SR20 into Datto 1600) or when an R32 ECU is used in a Ceffy (which don't have Consult ports).

Fitting an SR20 into a car that was originally CA powered is another one. CA's are like Ceffies - no Consult port.

PL
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Sounds like the loom has been butchered (or the white plug from the engine loom to the instrument loom is disconnected, or missing wires or something)

Good to see you found the pinouts in the diagnostics document :)
Guilt-Toy

Post by Guilt-Toy »

Matt wrote:Sounds like the loom has been butchered (or the white plug from the engine loom to the instrument loom is disconnected, or missing wires or something)

Good to see you found the pinouts in the diagnostics document :)
Yeah its amazing when someone actually looks and RTFM (Read the f&cking manual) :)

this is a clean r33 series 2 so about this white plug you mentioned? where is it? i think its disconnected because other things in the dash are not working either.

where is it exactly.... R33 series 2 1996 i think

cheers
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not sure if R33 has them, but normally about 8 inches from the ECU plug is a white plug on what I've seen in various SR20 and CA18 (assume R33 would have one also) which then goes to the instrument etc harness