R32 GTR not boosting past 10 PSI

Post here where your issue is not tuning specific but more of a sensor or mechanical issue
CHIEFAPONTE

R32 GTR not boosting past 10 PSI

Post by CHIEFAPONTE »

My R32 GTr just got a fresh set of turboes(N1 R34) but after I got the car back from the mechanic the car would not boost past 10 psi. I tried turning my manual boost controller all the way down and all the way up with the exact same results.

what can cause this? :?:
Matt
Site Admin

Re: R32 GTR not boosting past 10 PSI

Post by Matt »

One guess is boost leak of some sort
CHIEFAPONTE

Post by CHIEFAPONTE »

I must have an issue with the lines between the firewall and the engine. I bypassed my solenoid and contolled boost with my manual boost controller and no problem.

Next week I am installing an HKS electronic boost controller
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

the gates are plumbed incorrectly. 100% i have to fix this constantly on GTR that have just had turbos fitted.
CHIEFAPONTE

Post by CHIEFAPONTE »

Status,

:?: do you mean adjusting the rods on the wastegates or the vacuum lines. please clarify and thanks for your time and help
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

the vacuum lines. there are multiple t's under the plenum
eddyk-fab

Post by eddyk-fab »

the engine runs boost pressure regulator control solenoid valves for boost cut from factory ecu.. if you by passed them and boost raised, then who ever installed ur turbos fitted the vacums incorectly... even if you DONT by pass the safe boost solenoid valves, u can still raise boost with a vacum manual boost controller ... and i suggest u dont by pass the solenoid as the engine retards the timing and decrease boost if knock was registered by the ecu...

so what you need to do, is get an rb26dett complete vacum line diagrams ... get back to stock, then ad the manual or electronic boost controllers T's exactly between the boost source and wastegate, and that is after the factory solenoid valve.
CHIEFAPONTE

Post by CHIEFAPONTE »

Right now by boost controller is working fine. it turns out my vacuum/pressure lines were not installed right. I still have the solenoid bypassed, but will connect soonest.

thanks for the reply
eddyk-fab

Post by eddyk-fab »

CHIEFAPONTE wrote:Right now by boost controller is working fine. it turns out my vacuum/pressure lines were not installed right. I still have the solenoid bypassed, but will connect soonest.

thanks for the reply
great... make sure u have a diagram... and after ur done lining up the vacums for the solenoid, check how much boost ur at.. remove knock sensor connectors , both of them, and run to make sure ur boost dropped considerably, that way you inspect and ensure that the routing is correct and that the safe mode cuts boost correctly as well as retards the timing but u wont have to worry about the timing, thats done within the ignition maps inside the ecus software.