ka24de, LC1 narrow band on startup settings..

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

modulation

ka24de, LC1 narrow band on startup settings..

Post by modulation »

I know this dosen't relate to nistune directly but I figured this would be a better more knowledgeable forum then NICO or some other generic forum to ask this question.

With a ka24de obd i ecu what does it expect to see (voltage wise) from the narrow band o2 sensor, until the o2 sensor is heated up?
Should it be a voltage or just high resistance?

I have mine set to high resistance but if I try and drive my car before o2 sensor is heated up and wideband gives good readings the car will start to stall unless I give it gas. However in the morings and when the engine/car is "cold" (probably in open loop) the car will drive fine so logically I think it has to be related to the o2 sensor warming up.

(I'm also sure I have he right output going to the right device.)

Thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'll answer this the best I can...

I know the O2 sensor disconected that the voltage sits at about 0.3 volts. I think its about the same when the O2 sensor is cold but would need to check on a vehicle from cold start

There are two conditions in each ECU with parameters assigned, lean voltage condition (say 0.2 votls) and rich voltage condition (say 0.8 volts). Varies between ECU model and O2 sensor used. eg If you look at the Z32 address file and ROM this has been found and can be displayed

Now since the O2 sensor voltage is at 0.3 I think that it would never hit the rich or lean condition until operational and then the ECU starts adjusting to the condition met (injecting more for lean condition or less for rich condition). That results in cyclic injection known as closed loop

The other thing is that coolant temp is monitored before O2 voltage used for closed loop. So if coolant temperature isnt above say 30 degrees C then it wont be used. This is to compensate for the O2 heater temp not being known by the ECU I would believe

The O2 would probably be high resistance (no output voltage) until warm and start operating (then starts outputting voltage)