If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Willy

Post by Willy »

Hi All,

I just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Simon. I have a GTI-R Pulsar. I just fitted a Nistune type 4 board to it and it worked first time :) Very impressive.

I used to be on ztechz a fair bit, but got too busy with work and getting married. Anyway, I'm back on the scene again now and looking forward to more ECU mods :) Keep up the top work Matt. It's looking like a top bit of gear and in my mind, a better replacement than a Power FC :)
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

excellent, had fantastic results with the nistune boards on the gtir. mapped one recently that made nearly 420@1.5 bar, then increased it to 2 bar and it destroyed the gearbox before we made it to the r/r doh :( but it was a bit of an animal!
Willy

Post by Willy »

Awesome. It certainly sounds like a beast. What mods did you have? Did you tune it on the road or dyno? I'm hoping to get a bigger fuel pump, injcetors and AFM then take it to the dyno. Not after huge power (stock turbo and stock internals), just reliable and faster than it is now (injectors maxxed at 0.8bar)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ed runs a workshop... so would have been on dyno :D
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

It was mapped on the road and dropped on a dyno dynamics dyno to get a power reading.

There is a thread about it here:

http://ibconceptions.com/Nistune/viewtopic.php?t=312

Never got a dyno of it at 2 bar as it blew the box before we made it there :(
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

just to add, stock inj should be good for more than 0.8 bar. 1.1-1.2 is what most get here (which is beginning to push it a little), but it does depend on how well the engine breathes.

Ed
Willy

Post by Willy »

Yeah so everyone keeps telling me. It's got me puzzled. Last time I dyno'd the dar (years ago) it made 120kwatw at around 0.7bar and the AFRs sat dead flat at 12.6:1. Much leaner than other stock ECUs. The injector duty cycles were up above 90%. I suspect it's fuel pump issue, but that doesn't really explain the high duty cycles at such low boost. The turbo looks stock. Only mods are 3" exhaust and front-mount.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Awesome link by the way.

Willy

Post by Willy »

Awesome link by the way.