Data Request: SR20VE ECU CPU pinout

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

CoZZm0

Data Request: SR20VE ECU CPU pinout

Post by CoZZm0 »

Howdy all ! Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes...

I have a Type3 Nistune in my SR20DE ecu running my SR20VE. All is well, but there's a few functional aspects i'd like to fix, such as having to use an external RPM swithcing device for VVL and the 8krpm rev limiter issue. I have an SR20VE ECU and i've been doing some research on it, i've hit a bit of a stumbling block as they use a different CPU. This CPU is the same as the S15 N/A as far as i'm aware as thses boards used on this ECU suit the S15 N/A too.

CPU has markings as follows which don't really seem to help google.

CB3E008J (stamped/punched/scribed into the surface)
UJ (unisia jecs logo, printed, dot matrix)
A12-212 750 (printed, dot matrix)
748B100 (printed, dot matrix)

136 pins

What i'm after is a pinout of the CPU to help with some modifications i'm trying to do to an existing Jap daughterboard i have. I have asked matt about development for these boards but as i understand the market is very small and the amount of time and effort required is very big so i'm trying to make the best of what i've got to go with at the moment.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Simon.
CoZZm0

Re: Data Request: SR20VE ECU CPU pinout

Post by CoZZm0 »

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Those chips are ASIC (application specific intergrated circuit) so they dont mean anything

They would be based from the 7790 processors but in a different package. The board which I have here requires many resistors to be swapped over and has a Xilinx chip on there to do whatever logic is required to interface with the EPROM chips on the boards

Would need to firstly map out
(a) where data lines go from EPROM
(b) where address lines go from EPROM
(c) identify power/gnd lines
(d) identify CE, WE, C, MP and other control lines
(e) see if any trace to the PCB. I suspect lines on PCB are non multiplexed (two ribbon cables)
(f) moving resistors on the board I suspect due to so many is moving a bus from internal to external line by line (assumption)
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Matt wrote:Those chips are ASIC (application specific intergrated circuit) so they dont mean anything

They would be based from the 7790 processors but in a different package. The board which I have here requires many resistors to be swapped over and has a Xilinx chip on there to do whatever logic is required to interface with the EPROM chips on the boards

Would need to firstly map out
(a) where data lines go from EPROM
(b) where address lines go from EPROM
(c) identify power/gnd lines
(d) identify CE, WE, C, MP and other control lines
(e) see if any trace to the PCB. I suspect lines on PCB are non multiplexed (two ribbon cables)
(f) moving resistors on the board I suspect due to so many is moving a bus from internal to external line by line (assumption)
Thanks for the reply Matt.

a/b/c are doable. If that will get things moving in the right direction i'd put in the hours.

d is the part i was looking to find out as i have no real 'tools' (such as a cro or other technical stuff apart from a multimeter) to really do any signal analysis (if that's even how it would be done?)

e/f i'd say are on the money (but i'm no expert!)

The CPLD on board is of course the item that raises so many questions. I haven't hooked a JTAG interface up to it but i'm sure the designer wouldn't have left it readable, although maybe i should (you probably have already?). I thought that with the addition of the CPLD that might be a real deal breaker with regards to being able to make a board easily, not to mention that the jap board isn't perfect, knock sensor code always comes up so knock maps only can be tuned.

If a schematic of the board and the general wiring and where things do/don't go would really be of any use i could put my time towards that, just let me know and i'll work on it.

I have some pictures of the TechTom boards which use 2 large PLCC's presumably more CPLD's and those boards have no knock sensor issues, but are hideously expensive and i'd imagine, no longer available.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If I had some free time and a VE ECU here (need to source one) I would be curious but given I still have Type4(OBD-II) and Type 5 boards which are here built, programmed but not running in the ECUs (limp) at the moment I should focus my efforts there to finish them!
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Definitnely that's a step forwards and will open up a bigger market with those parts. I'll just keep working on what i'm working on then. Cheers Matt.

If you get to a point where the OBD-II stuff is all up and running and you have some time ( HAHAHA ) let me know as i have some spare VE ECUs.

As a side note which i'm sure you're aware of, the S15 N/A ECU is the same deal, uses the same jap board with a lot of resistors to be removed.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yep seen one of these before when PL had one with JDM board fitted. We ripped the images out of the chips on the board to look at them