Fake Z32 or non genuine Z32

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

gonzomagic

Fake Z32 or non genuine Z32

Post by gonzomagic »

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help.

I purchases a Z32 here in the UK, being told it was a genuine z32 afm, being assure it was I bought it as it was a good price.

It turned out to be too good to be true, and was indeed a fake. No nissan tags, no orange stickers, etc etc.

Had torex screws, which are not used in jap parts?

Now the seller originally said he would sort out and address my concerns, and i then posted up on board (sxoc uk club) and all replied confirmed it was a fake, well it wasnt a genuine z32.

Now I need to know what negative effect a fake z32 can have.

I luckily paid via paypal, and raised a case, but paypal are saying they want a third party explanation as to why a fake z32 is bad, this is what I am having trouble in finding. I beleive the voltages differ allowing mapping more difficult?
Fuzzy

Re: Fake Z32 or non genuine Z32

Post by Fuzzy »

gonzomagic

Post by gonzomagic »

Many thanks buddy, have found how to spot one, my query isw what and how is the fake bad.

I have read it can run rich at mid to top end. More output noise, but how does that effect mapping and performance and figures really.
PL

Post by PL »

My concern would be lack of consistency. At least with the real AFM's you have some hope of getting the same AFR's avery time. But if you use a fake and things change after you've tuned then your engine is at risk.

I wonder too how good their air temperature compensation is???

PL