Y33 VQ30DET Pinouts

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Decs

Y33 VQ30DET Pinouts

Post by Decs »

Hi all.

Im desperately trying to find ecu pinouts for a Y33 VQ30DET. Im wiring one into an r31 skyline and i have most of it sussed but with out the pinouts its proving very difficult to find things like tach output and other less obvious things.

I also would love to get my hands on the auto ecu pinouts aswell but i think thats an even longer shot.

My theory is that if the type 4 live board works in this ecu then perhaps Matt or someone involved in its design might be able to help????

Thanks in advance,
Declan.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Y33 VQ30DET Pinouts

Post by Matt »

From memory that one is the grey connector since its 6 cylinder?

That one should be simlar to the ER34 connector pins to start with. It powers up on my bench and I think injectors work

You could try MRC Dyno on the workshops list since Mark did a couple of these which were transplants from memory
Decs

Post by Decs »

correct its a grey connector.

now that you mention it it is strikingly similar to a 34 ecu. i have those pinouts so i'll do some comparisons. thank matt!

do all nissan computers have limp home mode? im hoping this computer does not, cause it would explain a few things. i haven't got an afm for it yet...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

that one defiantely would. wiring may be a pain on it
gadget1382

Post by gadget1382 »

How did you go?

I'm going to be trying to wire a VQ30det into my S12... accurate wiring info is hard to obtain. Closest i've gotten so far is a VQ30de from a Maxima.
Decs

Post by Decs »

i nutted it out with a bit of effort. only thing i haven't finished wiring now is the auto.

er34 pinouts are similar but not that same.
gadget1382

Post by gadget1382 »

I, along with others at

www.vq30det.com

are trying to compile an accurate pin out. One or more may be able to help you with the auto info.
Decs

Post by Decs »

ah yeah sweet.

im fitting a board to it next week. after that i'll be getting back into the wiring. if i get a chance i'll write down what i've worked out and add it to the info there for everyone.