Dataloglab

If you know what B.S. stands for you know what goes here.

Moderator: Matt

blu3man

Re: Dataloglab

Post by blu3man »

I would be interested to see how close this figure actually is.

I was getting 167 kw in the day from previous runs.

Then I fixed up my tune according to PLs long wall of text and am now getting this figure 189kw which seems awefully high for my car. (t25 turbo at 9 psi sr20det).

Now I really want to see what I get on a real dyno.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

what gear have you selected in the power graph.
that influences quite a bit in the values...
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

i did a graph for my mates s14a and it came out 280bhp 270lbft, put it on the dyno and it got the same results

i'd say if you adjust the wheel size, find out the true weight of the car and double check your gear ratios are right then it'll be pretty close

when you do your runs you need to be rolling in gear ideally 3rd or 4th at 1500rpm and then full throttle till the rev limit to get a good accurate graph
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

need to find out what calcs they use. would be nice to do a screen for this inside the software since there data is already in there
blu3man

Post by blu3man »

Fordy wrote:i did a graph for my mates s14a and it came out 280bhp 270lbft, put it on the dyno and it got the same results

i'd say if you adjust the wheel size, find out the true weight of the car and double check your gear ratios are right then it'll be pretty close

when you do your runs you need to be rolling in gear ideally 3rd or 4th at 1500rpm and then full throttle till the rev limit to get a good accurate graph
I made my wheel/tyre size correct.

I corrected the gear ratios.

Selected 3rd gear while logging and on the dataloglab. and did 1.5k full throttle to 7k rpm.

Im not saying the figure is impossible. Im just saying I find it hard to believe due to the fact I was getting near 20kw less before tuning it properly and most guys running t28s are only getting 190kw.
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

the graphs are close but give it a 20+/- on the figures

its best off using as benchmarking your tuning

make a power graph log and create a power graph
now go to the file tab and click save as this will create a .pow file for the current power graph
then make your adjustments and do another power graph log with the changes and create a new power graph

now click the file tab and open the .pow file for the first graph
now click the draw graph button and it will overlap the graphs showing the difference
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

heres an example of the overlaying graphs taken from 2 random logs

Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »

Matt wrote:need to find out what calcs they use. would be nice to do a screen for this inside the software since there data is already in there

:D :D :D
Mads B (dk)

Post by Mads B (dk) »