2A0 problems

Techedge related stuff goes here.

Moderator: Matt

zmech

2A0 problems

Post by zmech »

Hey Matt,
I have an older 2A0 that is working perfectly with a USB adapter and it's own software. However, I cannot get it to display the AFR in Nistune. It is reading it and lets me know the status of it IE: heating up, warming, normal operation. Just no readout. I have only three wires attached in the serial plug. This is what I currently have pinned.

Serial RS232 Rx Pin 2/Y1, Tx Pin 3/Y1 & GND Pin 5/Y1 (on RJ45)

The 2A0's RJ45 connector (Y1, left connector oat the end) carries RS232 and other signals. The unit transmits logged data on its Tx line [pin 3] and receives commands (from PC or display) and code updates from a PC on its Rx line [pin 2].

The diagram at left shows the wires within the cable and also the connections at each end. Note the pin names change from left to right - the WB unit's Tx pin transmits to the PC's Rx pin (and vice versa). [pin 5] is the shield for the Rx and Tx data lines as well as being the return data path.

Any ideas?

Darren
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

send me a debug log through with just the wideband connected. I can have a look at the output and work it from there

have you setup your wideband directory to the techedge subdirectory to pick up the correct translation tables?
zmech

Post by zmech »

Matt wrote:send me a debug log through with just the wideband connected. I can have a look at the output and work it from there

have you setup your wideband directory to the techedge subdirectory to pick up the correct translation tables?
Table file. Oh. I just put in the folder address but not directly to the Techedge folder. Fixed that and it is working perfectly. Thanks!!