WbO2 2Y1 any advice

Techedge related stuff goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Adam

WbO2 2Y1 any advice

Post by Adam »

Hi folks,

I'm looking at getting the 2Y1 DIY kit, but I'm a little lost on the choice between the 3 sensors, does anyone know which is best?

Also I gather nistune's datalogging will work with this kit?

Cheers
Ad
Last edited by Adam on Sun May 17, 2009 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
XR Pilot

Post by XR Pilot »

Hi Adam,

Generally most people go for the 7057 as its the cheapest and most readily avaliable. Here is the description from the Techedge site:
One major difference between these sensors is the "head" design that is fairly open in the 6066 but is more restricted in the 7057 & 7200 sensors. An open head results in faster Lambda sensing, but also make the internal pump cell more sensitive to exhaust gas temperature variations, with the possibility of over-heating or under-cooling if the sensor is located closer of further from the optimal position. In general, we recommend the lower cost 7057 & 7200 over the 6066.
Photo showing this:

I personally would probably grab a 7057, the open head 6066 may be better for single cylinder bike engines and cammed V8's if it is faster sensing for faster response, but that could also be a double edged sword if it makes the lambda reading even more jumpy and harder to read/interpret on a cammed motor than it usually is. Not really sure on that one! :?

The sensor page is here:
http://wbo2.com/lsu/sensors.htm

I'm 99% sure these use a normal Techedge v2 datastream for logging, which Nistune supports. Matt would be better to answer that than me though.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

not sure on this unit. unless anything has drastically change in protocol (which shouldnt) then i dont see any issues. techedge have used the same protocol for years since upgrading from their older one
Adam

Post by Adam »

I guess we will find out, mine arrived today, I'll solder it up tonight.
Christian

Post by Christian »

Hi

Any news on this? I'm also quite interested in one of those, but would like to also connect type k thermocouples to this unit and log in Nistune.

Would this be possible?

Thanks
Christian
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

assuming the wideband works okay we should be able to translate the thermocouple inputs
Adam

Post by Adam »

Yup no issues with Nistune talking to the unit, (Tech2.0) I have a 3Bar MAP sensor connected via one of the AUX ports and it reads it perfectly, along with the AFR.

I haven't gotten myself any thermocouple units to try yet, but don't see that being an issue at all.

Cheers
Ad