MTX-L AFR reading in nistune different from the gauge ?

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

louiswun

MTX-L AFR reading in nistune different from the gauge ?

Post by louiswun »

Got a new MTX-L power up at the desk top before installing, and first time to link to nistune,
did twice free air calibration, but the AFR reading in nistune is different from the gauge,
does the lookup table need to be manually adjust ?
Attachments
20140628_204107.jpg
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 3027 times
unreal-

Re: MTX-L AFR reading in nistune different from the gauge ?

Post by unreal- »

That is a bit interesting, does it show proper AFR if you connect it using the LOGWORKS software that comes with the wideband? Have you tried putting the sensor up to the exhaust and see if the AFR's match?

I have a MTX-L as well and have no problems with the AFRs matching most of the time. I occasionally get a slight mismatch between the two, in which Nistune reads about 0.05 off compared to the gauge (gauge reads 22.4, Nistune reads 22.35) but overall its pretty close.
Ben C

Post by Ben C »

I wouldn't be apprised of the lookup tables used in nistune don't scale that high.
It's not like your car would ruin at that afr.

The important thing is that out is the same at the afr you are tuning at.

You can view the table used by nistune, can't remember the exact directory but it will be in a folder named "mtx" (I think, I use zeitronix. )
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune does not use scaling tables for the Innovate wideband

It reads a maximum leanness of about 22:1 AFR so any leaner and we don't display it (because there is no point, and you lose resolution in your log scaling and gauge scaling in the software by having too wide AFR range)