Sensors for Innovate MTS

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Nuyskov

Sensors for Innovate MTS

Post by Nuyskov »

Hello!
I'm going to make Innovate MTS chain with Innovate LC-1 + SSI-4 + TC-4 and connect it to NisTune to see AFR, manifold, oil and fuel pressures, EGT, oil and water temperatures (as I understood NisTune can see AFR + 6 parameters from Innovate).
For EGT, oil and water and temperatures I've bought K-type termocouples.
Which sensors will fit Innovate for measuring pressures?!
Did anybody try to connect stock Skyline boost sensor 22365-6P510 to Innovate? I suppose it won't work...
And I suppose MAP sensor should be something like 2-3 bar, oil pressure sensor something like 3 bar and fuel pressure sensor something like 5 bar.
What do you use?
bachig24u

Re: Sensors for Innovate MTS

Post by bachig24u »

most sensors can work with 0-5v signal input to innovate daq products.
what you need is the calibration data to enter in to innovate software to configure and read sensor correctly.
Nuyskov

Post by Nuyskov »

bachig24u wrote:most sensors can work with 0-5v signal input to innovate daq products.
what you need is the calibration data to enter in to innovate software to configure and read sensor correctly.
Thank's!
I'm looking at AEM brass pressure sensors - they are cheap (60-70$ each), have good range of pressures and working tables for calibrating!
Found also Autometer pressure sensors, they are about 20-30$ each, but I'm not sure that I can find calibration tables from them...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We use the Motorola boost pressure sensor (search on this forum) which are under $20 and have a lookup table available also
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Nuyskov wrote:
bachig24u wrote:most sensors can work with 0-5v signal input to innovate daq products.
Thank's!
I'm looking at AEM brass pressure sensors - they are cheap (60-70$ each), have good range of pressures and working tables for calibrating!
Found also Autometer pressure sensors, they are about 20-30$ each, but I'm not sure that I can find calibration tables from them...
its very hard to setup a sensor unless the info is known. But saying that, most sensors have a range of 0-5v and a measurement of say 0 to 10 bar etc printed to the side of them. as long as you can be sure it is a linear type sensor its fairly straight forward to setup. Have a look at the VQ graph for the MAF, that is about the right amount of points you would need to input for a non linear sensor (PITA sensor).
Torque

Post by Torque »

A simple and clean solution including TC interface:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lma3.php

From my experience anything in the MTS-Chain will be available in Nistune.