MTX-L connection problem

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

Apollo8642

MTX-L connection problem

Post by Apollo8642 »

My MTX-L connects to nistune but nothing else happens, doesn't show digits, but says it's connected. It connects to Logworks with no issue. Any one have any idea's what's going on?

Just put my S14 KA24DET together would like to be able to use this on the dyno soon.

Thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: MTX-L connection problem

Post by Matt »

Try installing the LogWorks SDK and then run MTS SDK - VB sample and let me know what you see in this

Dare say MTS is reporting to Nistune 0 sensors at the moment. Also make sure the inputs are configured inside LogWorks for the MTX-L
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Matt wrote:Try installing the LogWorks SDK and then run MTS SDK - VB sample and let me know what you see in this

Dare say MTS is reporting to Nistune 0 sensors at the moment. Also make sure the inputs are configured inside LogWorks for the MTX-L

:lol: you can try copying the dll from logworks3 over to nistune folder. I had "dare I say a similar problem" and that fixed it.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Might have to copy the latest DLL with the next Nistune release.

The reason why I wanted to see if the Innovate SDK example program showed it is that uses the DLL Nistune is provided with from Innovate (in the SDK).

Perhaps Innovate have updated the DLL with LogWorks 3 but not with the SDK package so its behind?
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Matt whenever the sdk is installed, does it replace the dlls in Logworks 3? Why I ask is because I had installed to my LT before copying over the dlls from logworks to Nistune. Hmmm....
Apollo8642

Post by Apollo8642 »

Alright I got it working I deleted the mts.dld file from Nistune then copy pasted the mts.dld file to replace it and it works.

Thank you for the help.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Updated installer next version to use newer dll. Just need to retest it here first
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Guys what DLL version are you using?

Right click on the DLL and then Version to get the info

One currently shipped with Nistune is
File Version: 3.0.40 (File Version parameter = 3.00)
Copyright 2005

One which is in my LogWorks 3.07 folder
File Version 3.0.4.2 (File Version parameter = 3.02)
Copyright 2005-2010

Now if I copy the one from LogWorks folder into Nistune folder then Innovate shuts down when trying to connect to LC-1 and LM-2 units I have here (got my LM-2 finally back from innovate repaired free of charge :D)

I was going to update the installer but now its crashing both Nistune and the VB Sample code which comes with LogWorks :?
nissangts

Post by nissangts »

Matt wrote:Guys what DLL version are you using?

Right click on the DLL and then Version to get the info

One currently shipped with Nistune is
File Version: 3.0.40 (File Version parameter = 3.00)
Copyright 2005

One which is in my LogWorks 3.07 folder
File Version 3.0.4.2 (File Version parameter = 3.02)
Copyright 2005-2010

Now if I copy the one from LogWorks folder into Nistune folder then Innovate shuts down when trying to connect to LC-1 and LM-2 units I have here (got my LM-2 finally back from innovate repaired free of charge :D)

I was going to update the installer but now its crashing both Nistune and the VB Sample code which comes with LogWorks :?
I will let you know in a couple of hours Matt :D .
Apollo8642

Post by Apollo8642 »

MTS Manager
File version 3.0.4.2
Product 3.02
Copyright 2005-2010
Size 340 KB
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Never got it working here, but I've found that it works if I dont include the MTS.DLL with Nistune

That way we use the one that comes with logworks and dont register the MTSSDK.OCX file in the Nistune folder

I've made necessary updates and tested in 0.10.8 so this should work in future versions with this device now
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Just to confirm that using 0.10.08 MTX-L is working,BTW this is my first 0.10.x installation.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Excellent, good to hear those updated worked okay. Innovate DLL that was being used was out of date
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

I also test it's analog output 1 (yellow wire) with DLP which I receive today but I used another MTX-L which is on bench with sensor in air and gauge in default show 22 AFR so I get same result on NIStune DLP window - 22 AFR, but on LOGworks and NIstune Innovate window it show exactly 20,9 AFR so I presume that analog and serial output are not sharing same protocol at MTX-L , should I rely on it's analog output when tuning?

I would like to have DLP permanently install at our demo car so it would be much simpler if I have only one USB connection to laptop but is this analog output reliable as serial connection or should be tuning done with serial connection and analog just use for logging?
rmp459

Post by rmp459 »

hrmm, anyone know if you can daisy chain these MTX-L's and have them both work with nistune through a single serial port?

ie: wbo2-1 -> wb02-2 -> PC