3-way switch from stock O2 sensor to LC-1 Analog Output

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

roastin300

3-way switch from stock O2 sensor to LC-1 Analog Output

Post by roastin300 »

I am planning on putting a 3 way switch in under the dash where I can switch from the stock O2 sensor to the LC-1 narrowband analog 1 output(yellow wire) to see if I can notice differences while driving and tuning. Do you see any issues with running a 3 way switch to choose the signal input? Just wondering if the resistance in the switch and connectors going onto the switch will effect the voltage readings??? Outside pins would be each signal and inside pin would be to the ECU. So I would essentially be able to flip both ways and change the connection, or switch to the middle and turn it off for whatever reason if I ever wanted to.

Going to install it right now, but would appreciate some input as well. Thank you!
Preston

Re: 3-way switch from stock O2 sensor to LC-1 Analog Output

Post by Preston »

A proper working switch should have no resistance unless it has a poor connection or corrosion. You also shouldn't see a difference in performance unless the o2s are in different locations then you may see a small difference.
roastin300

Re: 3-way switch from stock O2 sensor to LC-1 Analog Output

Post by roastin300 »

Yes the stock O2 is about 12-16 inches from the turbine and the LC-1 is about 24-30 inches from the turbine.

As the exhaust travels through the piping it continues to react(Plug-Flow Reactor Model) so technically it will be different. Enough to show up on a gauge? Maybe....We shall find out.

Im also wondering what the advantages are to programming the voltage output on the narrowband analog output 1 from the LC1. Is this required to allow the vehicle to run at leaner air fuels while cruising? I want to cruise around 15.2-15.8:1 under part throttle and use the O2 sensor to correct in that region. Is this possible? Does not seem like it is by just putting in target A/F values in that range under the flagged areas on the fuel maps....Anyone????