LM-2 OBD-II + Analog inputs

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

LM-2 OBD-II + Analog inputs

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
Had some bizarre issues with the LM-2 OBDII meter over the past few months.
Thought I'd mention it, so I can let it rest one way or the other.

Connected a 100psi pressure sensor to analog input 1 of 4 on LM-2 OBDII.
Nistune has no idea what to do with it. It doesn't show up in one of the boxes in WB window.
The AFR output is corrrect when comparing Nistune with the LM-2 OBDII although Nistune doesn't smoothen the 14.16 to 14.2 as the LM-2 is manages to do which would prevent alot of excess number flickering of the far-most right digit.

All additional wideband input boxes are not giving any relevant data. I disabled the OBDII input stream in an effect to isolate. Disabled external RPM inputs to LM2-OBDII also. This didn't seem to change the data displayed in the additional boxes to anything like a psi 0-5v output.
Some boxes had fixed values, some moving values. None of the values compared to anything the LM2-OBDII was receiving. Anything to do with the innovate SDK?

Kind regards
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: LM-2 OBD-II + Analog inputs

Post by Matt »

I have the LM-2 in my skyline but neither car is OBD-II so havent got the kit for it yet. But may get that soon and use it against an OBD-II ECU on the bench

Currently LM-1 with the aux box is the only thing which was tested in regards to extra inputs for innovate units, so anything else is unsupported at this time
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Ok.
I'm only using the LM2OBDII's 4 Aux differential analog inputs and one rpm input at the moment.
Maybe there is some weird way it outputs the data stream because of the OBDII function.
What I'm doing is comparing time stamps of the AUX input data and rpm inputs from LM2 to line up with Nistune for the time being. very painful as you can imagine but it will suffice.

Did you imply you want to borrow my LM2OBDII to add support in the next beta?

Regards
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you can enable debug logging and attach that to a post/email that might help with working out what is different

I didnt imply borrowing your unit. I was meaning to get one eventually but hadnt the need yet
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I'll try and get some debug logs in the next few weeks and post 'em, weather permitting.

Regards
Sime
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Did you convert the voltages into a bit value? To do that you multiply the voltage value by 204.6 but get the bit value you will use in the Aux inputs

This is what I had to do to get my map sensor working, but I had to figure outthe pressure to voltage relationship and then convert the voltages values into a bit value.
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt how many decimal places can Nistune read as far as entering bit values in the Aux.
Attachments
Nistune volatge to bit conversion.xls
Nistune volatge to bit conversion
(58.5 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Should not matter too much since I read it in as float. Probably upto about 8 decimal places
UNISA JECS

Post by UNISA JECS »

Matt wrote:Should not matter too much since I read it in as float. Probably upto about 8 decimal places
If I recall correctly I did not get and good readings using only 2 decimal places i.e. 123.45
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Translation files are read in as Decimal, Float

Read into double precision number and then * 100.0 and then stored as an integer internally for the remainder of the calculations.

Okay what that means is it has a precision of two decimal points (anything after that gets lost)

Potentially if everything is based off my AUX_MULTPLIER of 100.0 then I could change that to a greater number to increase precision if required (hoping nothing else gets broken in the meantime). However many of the other items appear to work in 100x (like AFR) so would need to be careful with this change