Innovative X16 vs Innovative DB Wideband

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

gonzomagic

Innovative X16 vs Innovative DB Wideband

Post by gonzomagic »

I am contemplating on getting a wideband seeing whilst I await my nistune.

Now I have come across both, I beleive the DB is better for the wallet, and most likely do the job, but wonder, if the X16 is worth wile for the logging capabilities?

Any ideas anyone
bachig24u

Re: Innovative X16 vs Innovative DB Wideband

Post by bachig24u »

If you mean XD16.

Both DB and XD are the gauges that come with the LC-1 WB controller kits.
It's actually the LC-1 output that you plug in to logworks/Nistune Laptop to datalog.
you don't actually need an xd or db at all.

For all intensive purposes, the datalogging is identical with both kits.

IMO: hands down XD-16 is the over priced winner as it's features are really good.
the Db gauges are really a simple display gauge with nothing else to offer.

Grab the manual from innovate motorsports support page on the gauges, you'll see what I mean.
gonzomagic

Post by gonzomagic »

bachig24u wrote:If you mean XD16.

It's actually the LC-1 output that you plug in to logworks/Nistune Laptop to datalog.

IMO: hands down XD-16 is the over priced winner as it's features are really good.

Grab the manual from innovate motorsports support page on the gauges, you'll see what I mean.
Nice one mate, it is the XD16, i was planning on running a permanent guage hence the guage. But reading more see there is a fair bit of kit available the guage comes as a kit with the LC1 wideband sesor (the sensor being LC1?)

Many Thanks
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

gonzomagic wrote:

Nice one mate, it is the XD16, i was planning on running a permanent guage hence the guage. But reading more see there is a fair bit of kit available the guage comes as a kit with the LC1 wideband sesor (the sensor being LC1?)

Many Thanks
note:
The sensor is the Bosch EGO.
The Wide Band controller is the LC-1 (interprets the signal from the Bosch sensor)
the LC-1 can come on it's own without a gauge. buy gauge later if you need it. (a laptop/PC can show you the Wideband info on screen if you want a cheaper way out.
gonzomagic

Post by gonzomagic »

bachig24u wrote:
gonzomagic wrote:

Many Thanks
note:
The sensor is the Bosch EGO.
The Wide Band controller is the LC-1 (interprets the signal from the Bosch sensor)
the LC-1 can come on it's own without a gauge. buy gauge later if you need it. (a laptop/PC can show you the Wideband info on screen if you want a cheaper way out.
Brilliant, didnt know that was the case, can deffo look into that. Mind I am probabaly gonna order from abroad, so prob better buying all at once. Will do some more reading.