LC-1 As O2 sensor

Anything related to the Innovate brand of wideband devices.

Moderator: Matt

zrookie

LC-1 As O2 sensor

Post by zrookie »

This is my first time in the tuning field, seeking for better and more reliable power. so my apologize if this sounds ignorant. Is it possible to have my LC-1 wide-band as O2 sensor input for nistune? in other words can I remove my O2 sensor and use my LC-1 to report to my ecu (wide-band and O2 sensor).

Thank you in advance,

JR
CoZZm0

Re: LC-1 As O2 sensor

Post by CoZZm0 »

The LC-1 has a simulted narrowband output (the yellow wire i think it is) that can be used to replace the factory sensor input on a lot of ECUs. I am using it to replace the factory sensor on my SR20 (FWD) N/A motor. It works quite well, only issue i have which is likely a tuning issue at this point is until the wideband is warmed up it gives a 0.5v output to the ECU and doesn't change (by design), this causes the car to hesitate a fair bit if you jump in and drive straight away without giving it 10-15 seconds to warm up.
zrookie

Post by zrookie »

just what I wanted to hear, so how did you wired up? :mrgreen: I running the type 2 board on Z32 Ecu on a RB25det engine.

anybody running this set up? I will update as I move forward...
Thank you.
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

With my SR & Type3 board, i just cut the O2 sensor wire at the ECCS plug (with a couple of inches of wire) and joined the output from the LC-1 wire to it. Done. The factory O2 sensor plug is still in the bay, but not connected to anything. If i want to go back to just having the narrowband only, i just need to join the wire back up at the ECCS plug and plug a factory sensor into the loom. All pretty straight forward thankfully !
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

the LC-1 has a specific wire, I think it's the yellow or brown one, but I'm not sure at the moment...
just connect that wire to the correspondant wire on the ECU plug. like so, the ECU will read the narrowband output from the LC-1, like if it was a simple narrowband lambda sensor.

to do that you'll need to check the ECU pinout diagram...

or do as CoZZmo explained :wink:

it will work both ways lol
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

I just checked the manual, its the YELLOW wire which is analog output 1. The BROWN wire is to use with a gauge.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/supp ... Manual.pdf
zrookie

Post by zrookie »

I guess it wasn't a bad question after all... lol... thanks a lot guys for all your help. 8)
I think I'm gonna like it here...
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

CoZZm0 wrote:I just checked the manual, its the YELLOW wire which is analog output 1. The BROWN wire is to use with a gauge.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/supp ... Manual.pdf
yep, I did remembered that when I entered my car, since I have an LC-1 kit with gauge and saw the gauge so I remembered... lol

and yes, people are very helpfull and nice