Set MAF or injector size first??

Questions that get asked a lot.

Moderator: Matt

Alsontime

Set MAF or injector size first??

Post by Alsontime »

When I initially open nistune and want to set the ecu for a Q45 maf and 550cc injectors, which do I do first? If I set the injectors for 550 then the maf to Q45, the K-Constant is 50172. If I set the maf to Q45 first then the injectors to 550, the K-Constant is 17404. What am I missing here?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Do the injector change first (Ideally do this with the original MAF so you can confirm the K constant works well with your injectors and your AFRs are all good)

Afterwards with Q45 MAF fitted, do the dropdown to Q45 MAF to change VQ map and K constant

The MAF changeover will send the K constant in the opposite direction to injector upgrades

You can the fine tune this afterwards until the car runs (better)
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

Thanks, ill give that a try.
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

I have found when trying to adjust afr while idling and revving the engine in neutral that I almost max the adjustments in each cell just to get close to the afr that I need. Can I adjust the K Constant lower to where the adjustment on the fuel map becomes more reasonable? Right now low load cells have to be in the neighborhood of -60 or so. Thanks.
RB30-POWER

Post by RB30-POWER »

have you disabled closed loop feedback before trying to adjust those cells.

some of the sr20 and other later model nissan ecu use closed loop on idle, so if you try changing the afr, it will just keep returning to 14.7:1 or stoichometric ratio.

if you have big cams or desire a richer or leaner afr (usually richer) you will have to disable closed loop on idle first.
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

What are the steps to do that? Do you turn off all the flags, reset the cells and then turn them on? Or can you use the raw values and change only the cells?
Thanks.
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

When trying to disable closed loop by pressing "O" with the cells highlighted, some will turn off and others will not. My idle before adjustment in closed loop is staying around 10.5 afr??
Vetal

Post by Vetal »

Alsontime wrote:When trying to disable closed loop by pressing "O" with the cells highlighted, some will turn off and others will not.
Values must be positive, so you must have >=192 in the cell to be able to turn off closed loop
Alsontime

Post by Alsontime »

Thanks again for the help.