sr20det resized injectors and maf now a no start.

Questions that get asked a lot.

Moderator: Matt

Ratsun815

sr20det resized injectors and maf now a no start.

Post by Ratsun815 »

Hi guys just started using nistune, first time tuner please don't give me too much shit but after I used nistune to diag a inop 02 sensor I went ahead
and resized the injectors and MAF. I downloaded the maps off my ecu to get them on the screen, made inj./maf changes and synced them back to ecu. Then I burned them perm into eeprom. Now the car will start only for about 30 seconds until it dies (had to play with crank enrich tables). I did get a tune from a member off this forum which was awesome I'm just having the hardest time loading the tune onto nistune.Every time the program says cannot locate base image. Only good news is the 02 sensor now reading. How do i know if i have a feature pack? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Ratsun815
Ratsun815

Re: sr20det resized injectors and maf now a no start.

Post by Ratsun815 »

ok so im pretty sure i figured out what's happening.
im trying to load a known good tune from a standard
ecu to my ecu which has a feature pack in it. is this why i can't get a base image to load the tune into? do i need a feature pack rom download instead of the regular rom
pack?

thanks for any input
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You need to 'import' the tune if standard ROM into feature pack

If it starts and then dies afterwards, you need further adjusting of your TIM (total injection multiplier). The resize options get the ECU in the ball park but further tuning is required

Start with our tuning guide here:
https://www.nistune.com/index.php/suppo ... umentation
Ratsun815

Post by Ratsun815 »

ok thanks for your help. i'll be able to work on it again
thursday.