ADR files

Questions that get asked a lot.

Moderator: Matt

Russ84NA

ADR files

Post by Russ84NA »

Since there are more and more people starting to get their NisTune Boards and we have had so many updates in the last month or two.
It would be helpful at least to me to outline which address files go with which boards. Explain the difference between the 16K and 32K files.
How to make changes in the address files, if that is necessary, and in what cases might you need to do that.
Thanks.
Russ84NA

Post by Russ84NA »

I found the information in the Nistune manual pages in the FAQ, must have overlooked it before.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

People are getting confused with all the address files (and even the binaries supplied for Type 1 Rev1/2 boards)

New releases will not have the address files released with them. These will be provided on an as needs basis.

So if you buy a Z31 board, you will receive the appropriate 32K address file for it

The 16K address files are for reading normal ROM files and using Rev1/2 boards

As we are currently starting to release boards for sale to the public.... We are currently in the process of putting every ones information in a data base and updating all documentation and the registered users area to make this organised, and easy to use and understand as possible
prushton

Post by prushton »

Matt wrote:New releases will not have the address files released with them. These will be provided on an as needs basis.

So if you buy a Z31 board, you will receive the appropriate 32K address file for it
I didn't know that, good idea.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

this will happen as of the next release. when that becomes available