Knock count firmware

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Knock count firmware

Post by Matt »

Try feeding it into your zeitronix user input and taking a log using the log player for starters. I would be interested to see what the signal looks like
nanook

Post by nanook »

It seems the sample rate of the Zeitronix is not fast enough, requires 10khz minimum.
sky Z

Post by sky Z »

Any news for the Z32 knock count? :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've got info for it but no time currently to look into 'enhancements' when there are outstanding software issues

Still working on software release updates and testing pretty heavily these last weeks
Topdog781

Post by Topdog781 »

What about the type 3-4 boards....to be honest, that is the main reason why I went with Nistune ....then to find out the feature was never available and that hurt....
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Where did you find that we added this feature? We dont have this listed as a feature anywhere in our documentation or website. It has been a requested function and added to my growing list of work to implement but I've only got so far as the earlier ECUs in implementing it

It will be added with other firmware enhancements and then released together as an upgrade file
Topdog781

Post by Topdog781 »

Matt wrote:Where did you find that we added this feature? We dont have this listed as a feature anywhere in our documentation or website. It has been a requested function and added to my growing list of work to implement but I've only got so far as the earlier ECUs in implementing it

It will be added with other firmware enhancements and then released together as an upgrade file
I can't seem to find it...... I swear blind I saw it in the instruction manual.... maybe I was imaging things..... that feature was one of the main reasons I went this route though..maybe I heard it from a forum member on another site... can't wait to learn how to use it and put it into action.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I'm going through the S13 code at the moment going through the knock routines to figure them out.

Please note ECU knock reporting will never be a replacement for proper external knock sensing equipment (headphones or otherwise)
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

Hi Matt. Install the latest ENT Fail to R32 ECU. not working knock warning panel. panel detonation is not active! what's the problem?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Which ENT file? Which firmware? Standard or feature pack?

Feature Pack R32 code did not include knock count. I'll include it next update
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

These are now using firmware.
HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_LEDOUT_v5_FP.ent
HCR32_FOR_RB25_11U0F_MT_TPS_VCT_FP_maps.bin
will wait for a new update!
a lot of posts on the topic counter knock some write that works well, others write that does not work well.
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

knock sensor connected to the DLP logger. through the zener diode 5 Volt. To protect the input logger.
lightly tapping the knock sensor, records the signal. on the oscilloscope is very short signal 50-200 micro seconds. about.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Will put in next feature pack update

I split out the ROM packs last week from feature pack files, but R32 was not updated yet
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

Matt wrote:Will put in next feature pack update

I split out the ROM packs last week from feature pack files, but R32 was not updated yet
Matt help advice, I installed an additional stock on the knock sensor rb25 between 3 and 4 cylinder, and connect the signal from this sensor logger DLP through the diode. I have a lot of peaks 1 volt throughout the log, and to reset the gas and brake transmission with high speed are the same peaks in the 1 volt.
on the stock knock sensor reference voltage is 2.5 volts,
ie all peaks below 2.5 volts are considered noise?
which spikes considered dangerous?

knock 40.00=1volt
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

It doesnt work like that. The DLP is not high enough resolution to give you an accurate picture

You would need a 100Mhz osciioscope or similar with a much faster update rate to see what the sensor looks like. A lot of the input will be noise and the ECUs use a narrowband filter to pass on things which 'look' like real knock which the ECU listens to in certain RPM/load areas