Knock count firmware

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Eric

Re: Knock count firmware

Post by Eric »

check your email :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

please resend

Some one emailed me about 12MB worth of ecu/board pictures last night so I got nothing after that one :(
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

did we get anywhere with this ? I would be keen to see if the knock flags are visible..
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hi ..

I found that the flags do show up in the logging.
By flags I mean that if the ECU jumps to knock maps it shows up in the log.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2318

But that is not doing a highlight of knock events (these are before the switch happens)

Also I asked Matt to do some kind of beep when the knock maps are used.
That would be nice for road tuning (gives instant feedback)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Tones for switching between maps have been added as part of the current enhancement list and in 0.10.19

Knock count firmware or any other ECU firmware enhancements are not being worked on until current bug list identified in the latest test builds are completed

This week are updates to the base image programmer software (almost completed)
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

so these flags are available in the S15 logs as well ? do they have to be enabled etc.. ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

in new logs recorded they will be available. Previous versions of software may not have these flags in the logs available (or setup and working)
bj226

Post by bj226 »

Dear Matt,

Any progress on the release of Knock detection function for RB26? I'm using the R32 ECU on my R33. Constantly there is no knock count shown whatever my timing is.

By the way, if I install an aftermarket knock control module like the Gizzmo or Phormula, is it possible for the Nistune to activate the knock map when receiving external knock signal (i.e. an analogue 0-0.5V signal)

Looking forward to your update. :D
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Any progress on the release of Knock detection function for RB26? I'm using the R32 ECU on my R33. Constantly there is no knock count shown whatever my timing is.
Focus at the moment is on other software features so knock detection has been put on hold whilst sorting out the latest stable release. Until there is new firmware available there wont be any knock count for BNR32 ECUs

I'm not sure on the output of those modules and how they could be integrated into Nistune. If they have some serial/USB output then it would be possible. If its an analogue short pulse signal there will be no way to easily sample those on the fly
bj226

Post by bj226 »

Matt wrote:
Focus at the moment is on other software features so knock detection has been put on hold whilst sorting out the latest stable release. Until there is new firmware available there wont be any knock count for BNR32 ECUs

I'm not sure on the output of those modules and how they could be integrated into Nistune. If they have some serial/USB output then it would be possible. If its an analogue short pulse signal there will be no way to easily sample those on the fly

The external knock signal should be exactly like those 0-5V wideband O2 sensor, do you think it'd possible to activate the knock map in some ways? BTW, does it mean that the Nistune BNR32 ECU will never jump to the knock map at the moment?

Thanks!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The ECU will still jump in the knock maps. Nistune will also display and indicate when it uses those maps on the display. There just is no special code in the ECU to report to the user the current knock count at the moment

If there is say a 0-5 volt output then maybe. Knock signals going through the ECU are short pulses milliseconds in length. The sampling rate of most devices is larger than this, so the short pulses never get 'read' in the samples taken
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Knock is analogic sound signal from piezo sensor and requires signal processing before being interpreted by the ECU and transformed into binary information. This is just not a 0-5V linear sensor.
nanook

Post by nanook »

"aftermarket knock control module like the Gizzmo"

Yes Gizzmo has two 0-5v analog outputs, what is required to do this Matt?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Do you have specifications of the 0-5 volt outputs as to exactly what they do. We can feed them in via the DLP A/D converter, but if it puts out pulses too short to sample accurately then it wouldnt be useful to the software
nanook

Post by nanook »

No sorry i have no specs, from what i understand its a 0-4.5v output for logging.

this is the contact page

http://gizzmousa.com/contact.asp