Knock count firmware

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Knock count firmware

Post by Matt »

This thread will contain the ENT files for knock count firmware.

Several HCR32 Type 2 boards posted out have the Rev15 firmware but used an older patcher program which doesnt do the counting. If you open the knock display window and tap the knock sensor and it doesnt count, then you have one of those boards. Please email me and I'll organise an exchange over provided you can get the other board back to me ASAP since my stocks are limited

I've got another report of Type 1 board (S13 CA18) counting by itself and causing running issues which I'm to investigate tonight

HCR32 updates are attached
Attachments
hcr32_rb20_knock_count_rev15_fix.zip
HCR32 Rev15 knock count fixed
(182.48 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've got another CA18 ECU running tonight (fresh ECU) with the image from the S13 CA18 ENT directory and seems to be running fine

Detects knock as seen in the picture. I'll need to work out what is going on with your ECU Ashley since code is functioning correctly
Attachments
s13_ca18_44F02_rev15_knock_feedback.JPG
S13 CA18 44F02 knock trace
(260.41 KiB) Downloaded 10824 times
s13_ca18_knock_ent.zip
S13 CA18 ENT files (generated 3 April) used 44F02 from this pack for testing
(211.08 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Hi Matt

I have attached two log file below, I start logging once I start the motor and you will see the Knock registers on the logfile and only go away after I clear them, I have used your Knock monitoring tool, Cell Flagging and alarms and nothing works I the only knock I might get is when the car goes into a server miss when climbing onto boost.

I don't know it this is related to my TTP/min. TTP/MAx issue but the AFR are at 11 when the car starts miss. I Have tried switch the TTP around with no results.
Attachments
NIStune_2009-04-16_1627_02.csv
Log File
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
NIStune_2009-04-19_1532_42.csv
log 2
(429.96 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

what about type 4 boards

or is that later on Matt
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

thats later on. im still trying to get someone to monitor the knock registers for me with these ECUs

I'm gonig to try out my ER34 for the 16 bit stuff since I have a car to test out on at least

Still trying to get Z32 knock detect working right now
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ashley - What I'm going to do is mail you this board which I've grabbed the screen shot from

You can then try that one... and it should work since I have proof here :D
\
Then if thats all good post back the other two boards also
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Cool thanks Matt...

Sounds like a plan..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

consider it in the mail (standard airmail is no problem where you are?)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

actually before i do that... please check a few things. i was doing some more work last night

If you disconnect your knock sensor do you still have the problem?

What is the resistance in ohms of your knock sensor?
kenbam

knock count

Post by kenbam »

Matt.

Could you give me some idea as to what the knock count actually is.

I have done some searching as obviously not all OEM management systems read the same way as far as frequencies of knock and limits of voltage outputs go. One method i found was using actual knock counts, but the counts are relative to voltage outputs of the piezio crystal ie 0 knock was 0 volts and 1020 knock count was 5 volts. What should be our limits and what limit is required to turn cells red?

Another thing while on this, i had primary fuel and primary ignition maps open, both had knock detect checked, but the fuel map showed more red cells than the timing map did.

Everything seems top be working great.

Thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

HCR32 has a knock sensor board

The knock sensor passes the noises through into this board via pin 2 making a variance on 2.4 volt input

This board then does frequency filtering and outputs the signal as a square wave on pin 6 of the knock board

The ECU takes this input in and then adds it to a raw knock counter. This is where we currently pick up knock has occured and report it via consult

The ECU from here does some further checks against RPM, TP, battery voltage and things like if the engine is cranking before using it internally with a separate 'conditional' knock count. This count is used to pull timing and depending on how high it gets, then triggers the ECU to use knock maps

Your Nistune board uses the knock filtered output of the ECU and then counts the amount of knocks per fuel/timing map cell inside the software. I'm still to determine how many knocks to filter before reporting. I prefer to use the AFR trace screen for now to count number of knocks

I'll have a look at the fuel / timing maps to see the 'red' differences here when I get a moment. Still chasing up Z32 last night and we have got the post conditional knock check which may be more suitable for reporting but at long at it doesnt get software filtered out too much
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

actually before i do that... please check a few things. i was doing some more work last night

If you disconnect your knock sensor do you still have the problem?

What is the resistance in ohms of your knock sensor?
Morning Matt...

I can’t check the ohm of my detonation sensor because of my custom intake manifold and clearance issues but Unplugging it results in a DTC code on NIStune and the car feels slugish
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hmmm let me look into it further before sending out. Might have another way of counting knock. any other DTC codes?
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Cool...

No other DTC code, I will re-install your new board next week use the new rom-pack Address file and correct the TTP tables and try again to see if the miss returns
bj226

Post by bj226 »

Dear Matt, I am currently using the Type 2 board of BNR32 on my BCNR33. The knock counting does not seem to work all along.. as I've never seen any knock count throughout the base-tunning. How could I check if there's problem on the patch programme ?

Thank you!