Guidelines for Beta Testing AFR autotuner and timing

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

we dont have particular areas of the map set for that purpose. but that is something i can definitely add to it
raddy

Post by raddy »

I think that can be useful feature in case if my map is mostly correct and I need to focus just on part of it...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

the fix is up in the latest release now
raddy

Post by raddy »

Thank you, Matt.
raddy

Post by raddy »

Hello Matt
did you also added partial map autotune option? I can see idea like 0 value will disable autotune or something like this, will be this possible?
I tried autotune, it works fine now, just using full map will create lot of mess during deccel. etc, so tune specified areas will be usefull for road..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

no not yet unfortunately. it was mainly the bug fixes plus my latest changes I was trying to get through

I'll get it in for the next build. I'm working through some issues via email with a few people and doing more documentation so I'll work on software once those are resolved

Knock sensing firmware may not be functioning in a few boards I sent out after a rebuilding all the ENTs so need to sort that out :(
datsunboy

Post by datsunboy »

I havent tested my board since getting it back from you....but is it likely that mine is one of those boards that may not work?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've only done several (thank goodness!) at this stage. Currently another CA18 posted out to Ashley week before last is not counting and it is cutting out

I tested your ECU on the bench with the knock sensor connected and was tapping it checking the feedback. I know that one definitely works. But if you can test out its running okay for me

I programmed / tested a HCR32 ECU last night after regenerating all my ENT files and found that now it wasnt counting.... Even though it has the Rev15 firmware programmed

I think on type 2 I was using an older version of the patching program. New patcher also puts a counter in.... so if it doesnt count then thats an issue. Only two boards posted with that so far. Ken if reading this yours is probably one of them
kenbam

Post by kenbam »

ok, so now i should send both boards back? I havent had much time to check it further, leaking injectors. But as i said,. when i did it wasnt counting.

I can send both back today Matt, how long would the change over take?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah it was what I expected. I used the wrong patcher program on BNR32/HCR32 when regenerating all the ENT files for release ... aaagh

Ken - I'm getting another board out to you today after doing a regenerate and test last night.

If you can return those two back asap would be appreciated my Type 2 stock levels are rather low waiting for more chips on order at the moment)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

latest version, use SPACE to make cells grey if you dont want them tuned

Make sure you have selected relevant filtering in the Wideband input trace window

Did some playing/testing last week and seems to work but a bit hard monitoring on the road!!

Copy from fuel map seems to work well and make things easier
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Also I will add better indication (ie RED / GREEN / GREY when its making the current cell leaner/richer or not anything because of out of bounds) in a future version

Its too difficult to read the text on the autotuner screen when its running
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

Maybe it should beep or something when AFR is being adjusted and/or when target AFR is reached?
Cheers,
Petros Katunian
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

no it will 'beep' too much!

I've just done code tonight for VE table adjustment (for trimming) which will get some testing tomorrow hopefully

also found a bug where only < 128 values adjusted on the fuel map. Its because we dont want to push from sub 128 into O2 feedback +128 by accident

I've added logic to work around that problem. Doing the indicator now and see how that looks
Torque

Re: Guidelines for Beta Testing AFR autotuner and timing

Post by Torque »

2 Years later ->

I am about to take my car on the road and do some logging including WideBand.

It might be too late into the night, but what exactly does this AutoTune function actually do?

Does it basically tune 'K' to match the AFR calculated/displayed in the fuel map?
If so, why is the fuel map changed?

???